Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alpha: slPhantomTray 1.0
HI all, This is a work in progress but have been using it for the past week and pretty happy with what i hacked up to be a spark replacement so far.

well... Its not really a spark replacement but does the basic of what i needed spark to do for me under dos1.0 IN A DOS 2.0 world. which is/was ... just give me a quick and easy place that is always in the same location to Press Play. and start music flowing out of the speakers....Simply start a known 'default' source playing on a 'system' from the windows desktop.  

slPhantomTray is developed and tested so far on Windows 10. Its a system tray application written using C#.  The app provides a way to start a known "default" source playing on a "default" system from the windows desktop, along with basic play/pause and volume up/down control.

More to come but this currently meets my most basic requirements, and as a bonus has some basic UX to provide some limited ability to explore some of the API calls and results.  

This was written to replace the loss of spark in the DOS1 to DOS2 upgrade to address the need of a Windows Desktop app for the most basic functionality. 99% of the time (in my scenario) when the Deviate app is needed its just to start the currently associated source playing (99% of the time this is a dialog) Now rather than looking for the phone, unlocking it, starting the app, letting it find the systems, and navigating to the play button the slPhantomTray app can be used to start the dialog (my 'default' source) playing.

Next up:

- Command line support, to enable easy basic integration with other systems, i.e. anyplace where you can execute a command and pass parameters - like the elgato streamdeck controller - that's the primary use case.

- and better group behavior (by dynamically enumerating the sources, right now you have to re-configure in the app after changing group level associations  in the devialet app) is the next thing on the radar for improvements. but if you only use 1 system, no groups (mulitroom) then should not have any impact.

As written, it should work for any favorite source but i have really only tested this using the Dialog as the source for 1 system or 1 group with 2 systems.

Its does not yet have well formed UX to quickly switch between inputs so if you use and re-assign your systems in groups(rooms) and use multi-room to play the same source frequently it might be a little awkward. but will get that sorted out soon...

you can find the "alpha" v1.0 R12 and associated source code included in the download here. https://halrad.com 

It installed using the installer and can be removed from the apps add/remove programs. search for slPhantomTray.
if you try it out and have any feedback, ideas or suggestions happy to hear about.
if you want access to the repo /project on visualstudio.com to collaborate, its not public but will send an invite to the location if you PM me with the account to invite.

regards
scott-
Great, i will give it a try. Thanks for your work.
HI thanks for the encouragement!

Made a few updates and now on R19 2/9/2022.

https://halrad.com

-Sysmteminfo:config tab has a checkbox to automatically start the app via the users startup group. Check means it will startup on user logon, uncheck and it wont.
-add drop down combo boxes for the System and Source APIs as templates for different calls.
-by default sources returns currently playing source info rather than the list of sources so its a bit easier to find the currently playing source id and configure it to be the default source.

Any suggestions or issues would love to know about them.
Updated slPhantomTray to R25. https://halrad.com

release notes:
Tested on Windows 10, solution as built requires some version of Win10. 11 should work fine but not tested yet.
Primary scenario is 'Piloting' a systems 'default' source but it's easy to pick a different source from the 'system info' page.
Play, Pause, Vol UP|Down are easily accessed from the taskbar on your windows desktop and you can switch sources via the System Info page.
Defaults to using the currently playing source, and populates a drop-down with list of available sources for the system.

still a little rough IMO convincing smartscreen to let it install/run but not tracking any functional issues.
its signed the C# sources are there if you care. Code is still experimental not optimized but works.
There are some C# classes for the Devialet API structures and examples using them wrapping the APIs if that's your jam.

Welcome any issues or feedback or ideas about what else it should do....