Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Phantom Premiere and Dante
Before the Phantom Golds, I was using my mains and dual subs for both the stereo and home theatre and I have since split the systems.  Should I go back, I could use the same Dante products that you mentioned.

I'm using my phantoms for both stereo and home theater use.  I'm extremely impressed with their performance in both use cases.  If you're up for some tinkering then I would recommend using the Dante dongles with your Golds.  The challenge is getting source material into the Dante network.  I am extremely luck that the Anthem processors I have all have XLR (balanced) outputs that are compatible with Audinate's AVIO dongles.  Otherwise I would be searching for a mechanism to connect my processors to the the Dante network.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(24-Jul-2019, 17:48)alandbush Wrote: @njaiswal : do your new toys still require the Phantoms to run in Direct Optical mode?
Yes.  The Golds are running in "Optical Direct Mode" and the Reactors are running in "Custom Install Mode" (I'm delaying the Golds so that they're in sync with the Reactors).

(24-Jul-2019, 22:49)Mr_Bill Wrote: @njaiswal............I don't think your diagram attached to your last email.

I would like to see how you use the Dante's because I am confused on how you are getting sound to the phantoms.
Apologies... I updated my original post and am attaching it to this one.

Attached Files
.pdf   dante wiring diagram.pdf (Size: 145.88 KB / Downloads: 130)
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
So....is this your two channel configuration?

Anthem AV > adapter cable> Ethernet cable > network switch box > Ethernet cable > Dante optical > optical cable > Gold
@njaiswal, your good work deserves a proper diagram.  Please let me know if it needs to modified.

(25-Jul-2019, 01:40)Mr_Bill Wrote: So....is this your two channel configuration?

Anthem AV > adapter cable> Ethernet cable  > network switch box > Ethernet cable > Dante optical > optical cable > Gold

That's correct. :-)
(25-Jul-2019, 03:44)Snoopy8 Wrote: @njaiswal, your good work deserves a proper diagram.  Please let me know if it needs to modified.
Hey Snoopy8,
The diagram looks good!  Thanks man!
(24-Jul-2019, 13:21)Snoopy8 Wrote: I am very familiar with Anthem Room Correction and hope you have updated to the Genesis version.  FYI, with my Golds, I am using UPnP and MinimServer with Convolution (impulse and phase correction).

I looked into Genesis and found that my Anthem's are too old to take advantage of it... :-(  Since i'm going with Dante now, I'm not sure if I'll upgrade to a newer model...
(28-Jul-2019, 15:09)njaiswal Wrote:
(24-Jul-2019, 13:21)Snoopy8 Wrote: I am very familiar with Anthem Room Correction and hope you have updated to the Genesis version.  FYI, with my Golds, I am using UPnP and MinimServer with Convolution (impulse and phase correction).

I looked into Genesis and found that my Anthem's are too old to take advantage of it... :-(  Since i'm going with Dante now, I'm not sure if I'll upgrade to a newer model...
AVM60 perhaps? ARC II was a little better than ARC I, which you have. Genesis however,  made music a lot better.
Latest edition to configuration. As I noted in the reactor thread, Devialet made a choice to hard code the latency of the Reactor to 190ms when configured for "Custom Install Mode". No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get the Anthem to introduce enough delay into the Golds to align with the Reactors. So I bought a Symetrix Radius AEC from eBay in the hopes it would help. I got it configured last night and it worked like a charm. The Symertrix is aligning the speakers through a delay added to the Dante network and the Anthem is introducing the proper delay for surround material. The wife listened to the system last night and is now pleased with the sound and stability of the system. :-)

The only issue is that sometimes there is a lip sync issue but its so minor that we don't notice it. This will be resolved once Devialet updates the firmware to lower the latency for the Reactors in "Custom Install Mode".

Here's a link for the manufacture of the Radius AEC - http://www.symetrix.co
(23-Jul-2019, 18:42)ogs Wrote: $300 a piece! That is a hefty price... but if the sound is good it is worth it I guess. You finally have a proper MCH system with Phantoms.

Hi, did you buy them directly from audinate or Devialet? Is there any latency on the sound that you notice? ( to be used with movies )

Thank you!

Rom