Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Reactor 900 or Phantom Silver
What’s you feedback,

I have to replace my Reactor as it looks like it might be faulty. Devialet would agree for a refund and this got me thinking if I should look at the Phantom Silver as a replacement. 

Don’t get me wrong the Reactor 900 is great and stronger than the 600 for sure but I think that maybe I should go for the silver if I want the actual punch I desire. The idea is to get a second one towards the war end weather I get another Reactor or Silver. 

Do you own the silver and the Reactor what’s you opinion?

Thanks chaps
Is the Silver Phantom still available? I thought it was only Gold (+ Opera) and Classic nowadays? A pair of Reactors will be very good and diminutive, but a pair of the 'big' phantoms will be even better... If Devialet gives you a nice deal on a Silver, go for it, but make sure you can get another Silver when you buy one more for stereo. Classic and Silver are actually identical so check that Silvers can get the 2000 watt upgrade and handle DOS2.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
A pair of Reactors is a better option than a single Silver. If you have the budget, a pair of Silver is even better.
(10-Apr-2020, 19:57)ogs Wrote: Is the Silver Phantom still available? I thought it was only Gold (+ Opera) and Classic nowadays? A pair of Reactors will be very good and diminutive, but a pair of the 'big' phantoms will be even better... If Devialet gives you a nice deal on a Silver, go for it, but make sure you can get another Silver when you buy one more for stereo. Classic and Silver are actually identical so check that Silvers can get the 2000 watt upgrade and handle DOS2.
So the classic is same power as the silver? 
on their site it says classic @2000w and silver @3000. Also this watt mularky is pudding me off. I’m used to working in RMS so it’s hard to get the conversation of these numbers actually mean.
No, Silver had more power than Classic. It's possible that silver has 3000w, but my understanding is that Phantom Silver is discontinued in the current main program. So you can not be sure to can get an identical Silver at a later stage (say, 9-12 months from now) unless Devialet can guarantee that.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(11-Apr-2020, 17:38)ogs Wrote: No, Silver had more power than Classic. It's possible that silver has 3000w, but my understanding is that Phantom Silver is discontinued in the current main program. So you can not be sure to can get an identical Silver at a later stage (say, 9-12 months from now) unless Devialet can guarantee that.
I get you.