Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Reactor vs Kef LSX
Hey everyone!
I have been intersted in the phantom reactors for quite a while now, but as it is quite pricey, i like thinking it through before buying it. I had the occasion to hear the reactor already, and they really sound amazing, but I never really had the chance to listen to a proper audiophile system though.
However, as I don't have much space, I will stick with small sound systems for now, such as the reactors, or the Kef LSX, which seem pretty good. 
Did anyone ever had the chance to hear the Kef LSX here, and listening to the reactor? What did you think of the Kef? Because at the price of one reactor, I can get a stereo system, which, thanks to the reviews, seem very good.
I still love the reactor looking, but if its only about the aspect of the speaker, I dont think paying double for stereo reactor is worth.
What do you guys think?

Thanks and happy listening!
Stereo is certainly mandatory. The most relevant comparison I know of is this: https://darko.audio/2019/08/a-short-film...actor-900/
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Stereo is always worth it. If 2 Phantoms are out of budget the KEF LSX would be my choice.
Living Room: Devialet Dione
The LSX is a magnificent speaker. I think I even prefer the midrange vs the Reactors. They just don‘t go as deep as the Reactors. And yes, stereo always.
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
I have a Dream : Kef LSX and one or two Reactors as subwoofer.
(27-Jan-2020, 11:00)Hph6000 Wrote: I have a Dream : Kef LSX and one or two Reactors as subwoofer.

That is certainly an interesting idea! Hopefully we'll soon hear from someone that has done it!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB