Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Silver
Hi All, i am very new here and i am hoping you can help me a bit in the right direction.

I have never owned any high-end equipment but ever since i came across a Phantom Gold i cannot get the sound and looks of it out of my head. Now the gold is out of my budget but i am offered a stereo set of Silvers on treepods with the dialog.

I would like to ask if someone can tell me what i should pay attention to while i am listening/looking at the set in order to prevent i am buying something with bad quality or damage. Apart from that i hope you can confirm the fact that a 2nd hand silver set is really a nice way to go for a minor budget.

Thank you for your time and information in advance.

Kind regards,
Niels
Holland
I would say that if there is no damage on the speaker, woofers, the medium ring nor the tweeter’s grid, there is very little risk that they have been abused.

So the only thing I would do would listen to them to confirm that they are working as expected.

That’s all in my opinion.

And congratulations, you are jumping right into a very high end system, truly full range, which is a very exclusive category of systems.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(13-Apr-2019, 14:54)amlpit Wrote: I would like to ask if someone can tell me what i should pay attention to while i am listening/looking at the set in order to prevent i am buying something with bad quality or damage.
Play your favourite music. If it sounds good, you have made a good decision. Your ears are the best judge...
thank you very much for your reactions, i hope i will be able to buy the set Smile