Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movies that shake the house
Just watched Master and Commander. Really felt like a cannonball ripped through my home. What movies do you recommend that really move those wings?
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(11-Nov-2015, 04:13)I trashken Wrote: Just watched Master and Commander. Really felt like a cannonball ripped through my home. What movies do you recommend that really move those wings?

On DVD but not blu-ray, Titan AE is really good. Worth it just as a Bass demo.

On Blu-Ray, the new Star Trek and Tron Legacy are excellent demos.  Avengers is good too.
It's a TV series rather than a movie but the Prussian artillery bombardment during the Battle of Dybbøl in 1864's episode... 07 I think? was quite impressive.
Hitman 47 was pretty impressive, but the movie trailer was even better.
Hi trashken,

Saving private ryan still a good test Smile

Just a quick aparté, I read so many comments in this chat about the fact that it is useless to have phantoms to see movies due to sound delay inherent to the phantom's architecture.
It seems you are enjoying it, would you mind sharing a bit more your experience and setup?

Cheers
(12-Nov-2015, 15:48)Yoggy Wrote: I read so many comments in this chat about the fact that it is useless to have phantoms to see movies due to sound delay inherent to the phantom's architecture.

Nobody says it is useless. It depends.

If you have a TV with sufficient video delay for the processing, you could have the exact right amount, and have no lip sync problem.
Or if you use a device that can delay the video, you have spent 1K more on your installation, and have no lip sync problem.
Or if you watch a movie with an HTPC, you can setup the video delay, and have no lip sync problem (but it won't work with TV or blueray or console).
Or if you don't see the delay, because it doesn't bother you, you just think you have no lip sync problem (but you are wrong).
Or if you see the delay, you don't like it, but hey, you have just spend 4K+, so you just shut your mouth and pretend Devialet will certainly address the problem one day (but you are wrong).
(12-Nov-2015, 16:26)fgueho Wrote:
(12-Nov-2015, 15:48)Yoggy Wrote: I read so many comments in this chat about the fact that it is useless to have phantoms to see movies due to sound delay inherent to the phantom's architecture.

Nobody says it is useless. It depends.

If you have a TV with sufficient video delay for the processing, you could have the exact right amount, and have no lip sync problem.
Or if you use a device that can delay the video, you have spent 1K more on your installation, and have no lip sync problem.
Or if you watch a movie with an HTPC, you can setup the video delay, and have no lip sync problem (but it won't work with TV or blueray or console).
Or if you don't see the delay, because it doesn't bother you, you just think you have no lip sync problem (but you are wrong).
Or if you see the delay, you don't like it, but hey, you have just spend 4K+, so you just shut your mouth and pretend Devialet will certainly address the problem one day (but you are wrong).

Yes you are right by me with Samsung 4k settings it's already oke and i sold my soundbar and 2 subwoofers
The stereo mode gives a incredibel good experiance!!!!