Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Silver as L/C/R with an AV-Receiver
Hello Forum,

I want to use the Pre Out ports of the receiver in combination with an Analog to Digital Toslink converter for each of the 3 channels. The optical out of the converter then shall be connected to the optical in of the Phantom. Is this setup possible and if yes, can the volume then be adjusted via the receiver?

Answers very welcome!
(06-May-2019, 21:35)OHi Senso,If my understanding is correct, the setup will work but you may notice a difference in sound quality and delays.  I say this based on my attempt to connect phantoms to a Yamaha disklavier piano in place of the Yamaha speakers under the piano.  It worked to an extent but there were unbearable delays such the music from the speakers were not synced with the piano.  That said,  this occurred before I was aware of the “optic direct” option.  It might work better now.  If you go through with the setup please let me know the results because if they are satisfactory I might make a second attempt.Regards,senso Wrote: Hello Forum,

I want to use the Pre Out ports of the receiver in combination with an Analog to Digital Toslink converter for each of the 3 channels. The optical out of the converter then shall be connected to the optical in of the Phantom. Is this setup possible and if yes, can the volume then be adjusted via the receiver?

Answers very welcome!