Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Silvers in Stereo pair
Hi all,

I did a search but nothing meaningful jumped out at me regarding a simple question I have.
I currently have my Phantom Silvers, which I love, in a stereo pair via WiFi. Would I get performance improvement or more reliable stereo pairing by connecting the two via Ethernet cable?

Also, when I purchased them, I was basically given a dialogue for free. But given my upgrade to DOS2, it seems I don’t need that anymore? I am adding my turntable to the right optical in and my CD Player (yes, I still have a nice one with tons of CD’s) in the left optical input. Do you see any issue with this config?

thanks in advance,

Minsoo
I am also a Silver pair owner with Dialog (also free for what sounds like the same promotion as you). I originally used them with WiFi, but for me I found the connection sometimes unstable, with intermittent phasing issues. I now have them connected via ethernet and so far they have been 99% stable with rare dropouts on occasion, but very rare. The stereo image has become stable, no more phasing issues. Between the two connections, I didn't discern any audio quality difference when compared to stable examples of each.

I also upgraded to DOS2 and understand Dialog should no longer be needed. I actually haven't disconnected mine yet but will do so this weekend to confirm everything is still ok.

Optical in should be fine. Haven't tried it myself but read of others who use it for various devices. It seems Phantom should simply play the active source. But happy to be wrong if someone can chime in who does what you describe.
Thank you. I’ll be adding Ethernet shortly
I think PLC is equally stable compared to Ethernet.
Do you have the option to switch them both to PLC?
Saves another cable too Smile
Thank guys.
I didn't read your comment @Jamington2004 until I had already connected them via Ethernet.
Seems super stable now.