Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom and Vinyl
Any ideas on how to hook up a turntable to the Phantom via the optical in ?
This should do it.

http://www.project-audio.com/main.php?pr...es&lang=en
Yes that and the PS audio, both have issues on the Pro - ject the optical out is only on when the phono is also connected to a computer via USB?
The PS audio looks the most promising , however no optical out
Why is there no analog-in for the Phantoms is just mind-boggling. A more expensive Phantom down the line?
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(12-Mar-2015, 02:18)trashken Wrote: Why is there no analog-in for the Phantoms is just mind-boggling. A more expensive Phantom down the line?

I couldn't find one on my Sonos either will they bring a more expensive one of those out to?
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(12-Mar-2015, 08:14)NickB Wrote:
(12-Mar-2015, 02:18)trashken Wrote: Why is there no analog-in for the Phantoms is just mind-boggling. A more expensive Phantom down the line?

I couldn't find one on my Sonos either will they bring a more expensive one of those out to?

Nick, there are analog inputs on the Sonos Connect and some of the bigger speakers (Play:5?).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Ooops my bad - not a Sonos user but had to set them up for clients and they seem to be just as much dependant (and spoiled) by network performance as every other WiFi network streaming solution. If at all possible I will not use WiFi for any networking system as at some stage they will fail.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers

Well it seems to me watching the setup videos that the people at Devialet see Phantom principally for use with Deezer and Quobuz, with streaming from a computer or portable as a secondary source, optical input tertiary and anything analogue not expected to be used at all.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(12-Mar-2015, 09:10)thumb5 Wrote:
(12-Mar-2015, 08:14)NickB Wrote:

Nick, there are analog inputs on the Sonos Connect and some of the bigger speakers (Play:5?).

Hi all

Yes, there is an analogue input on the play 5.  I have 2 configured as a stereo pair in my bedroom and must say that the sound is very good indeed. They are very stable and hardly ever drop out.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England