Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom and bluetooth
Hello out there.

I am the happy, and satisfied owner of one White Phantom. I am using it together with the Bluesound node 2, so that i can get my tv connected an volume controlled via my harmony remote. (wife friendly)

Today i did som experimenting with my old mac mini, and trying to get this to play on the Phantom over Bluetooth.

I have got the mac mini to connect to the bluesound over bluetooth and play music from my mpd client, but when i try to connect the mini to the Phantom by bluetooth i only get the error could not connect. If I try to connect my iphone via bluetooth to the phantom it connects instantly. 

Does any of you have any suggestiens ?

Thank you for your help.

best regards Lars
I had a similar problem trying to Bluetooth my HP laptop running Windows 8. I have a Bluetooth Dodocool dongle plugged into one of the USB ports and it wouldn't connect. I just assumed that the dongle was only a receiver.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
Hello. I have tried now with nothing at all connected to the mac mini, no usb dongles, no keyboard, no mouse, no luck in connecting to the phantom over bluetooth.

Any other suggestions ?
Best regards Lars
That's strange. I am connecting my mac mini (OSX Yosemite) to the phantoms via bluetooth for movie playback, and that has proven to be great because the audio delay has been minimal for lip sync issues. I haven't encountered any problem connecting via bluetooth myself.

Dumb questions: is bluetooth enabled on the Phantoms? Are you able to connect other devices to the Phantoms such as smartphone? Can you connect your mac mini to other bluetooth devices/speakers?

What version OSX are you using? You may wish to check the OSX console logs for bluetooth related events/issues.
(08-Mar-2016, 20:49)kameraguy Wrote: That's strange. I am connecting my mac mini (OSX Yosemite) to the phantoms via bluetooth for movie playback, and that has proven to be great because the audio delay has been minimal for lip sync issues. I haven't encountered any problem connecting via bluetooth myself.

Dumb questions: is bluetooth enabled on the Phantoms? Are you able to connect other devices to the Phantoms such as smartphone? Can you connect your mac mini to other bluetooth devices/speakers?

What version OSX are you using? You may wish to check the OSX console logs for bluetooth related events/issues.

Hello. I have found a solution that now works, i had to reset the bluetooth module and then it connected. I am on el capitan by the way. I have been trying to use the mac mini instead of the bluesound, but so far i have not been able to find a smooth way to change the input and outputs of audio on the mac mini. I need to get it to work with my harmony 900 remote so that children and wife can watch tv.....

Than you for your reply.

Best regards Lars