Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Reactor hands on
https://instagram.com/p/Bo4WbxAnz1l/

I’ve came to Berlins KADeWe store and checked the new Phantom Reactor.

First it’s really WAY smaller then you expect. Second, it is quite powerful. The bass and everything is akin to Reactors bigger brothers.

The small details on demo unit are less than ok — smudges on the paint, wobbling back button, etc.

The new legs are quite amazing — it looks proportional to the speakers and overall quality is good.

The packaging, both for Reactor and the legs is also good. Small box with a nod to older boxes and a nice fabric trick everybody gonna like.

I didn’t had a chance to review the software, since the store wasn’t using it for some reason.
Thanks for the hands on! How was the mids and highs? I'm a little bit worried about the aluminium driver. I find the Silver Phantom with it's aluminium tweeter a bit too laid back compared to the Gold's titanium tweeter.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I find it’s well balanced (although it’s still mono only).

I had silvers and still have golds to compare this and it’s more of a psychoacoustic issue to me where you get used to any normal sound profile in a while.

I’ve tested it against our Devialet Phantpm playlist on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/user/dmitrek/pl...fiKfuUgpBQ
The legs. It said do not touch, but I picked it up with one hand.

[Image: 31455127938_b58c3a9cd9_h.jpg][/url]
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
In direct comparison! Rolleyes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Found this video that does a really great job of showing the size differences between Phantoms.

https://winfuture.de/videos/Hardware/Dev...19689.html
re stereo mode, there's an option in the app:

Io.Dvlt.Blaze.DeveloperOptions.EnableStereoSystemCreation
I still want the top thing missing for me with the Phantoms - in room adjustments. For example, even the 'low end' Sonos has the auto tune that works quite well. That's the one single thing I wanted for my Phantom Golds.... sigh.
I think that they will probably rely on their "bling" bass to sell units and tell serious users to eff-off for ever.