Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Phantom bluetooth
Hi there. I have a dialog and two Phantoms silver, which work through a seperate router. Or so I thought..... Today I found out that anyone in the neighbourhood can connect to the Phantoms, simply using the Bluetooth search and connect function on their smartphone. Of course this is not exactly the way things were intended.... Does anyone know how I can block this? I can't find any information about it.

Thanks & regards, Gobbie

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T580 met Tapatalk
You have to disable Bluetooth, there's no other way to avoid the problem.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Happened to me once. I never leave Bluetooth on when not around anymore.
Just go to the Spark software setup and disable Bluetooth.
I have the Golds now for about two weeks. I have used them most of the time with bluetooth - by an iOS/OS device and now some hours with a NATIV Vita - without any problems.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(21-Nov-2017, 21:54)midi Wrote: I have the Golds now for about two weeks. I have used them most of the time with bluetooth - by an iOS/OS device and now some hours with a NATIV Vita - without any problems.

Same as you, I have no problems using Bluetooth on my Phantoms, the problem is; it's no problem for my neighbors using my Phantoms either. The pairing doesn't require a password, so anyone can connect to the speakers when Bluetooth is enabled.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
It would be a smart move for them to add password protection as an option, was woken up when a friend decided to play something full blast!

My issue is different. My Silver Phantom is not accepting any BT device. It is also not switching on the WiFi function after hard reset (3 times power button push). Now my Silver Phantom is as good as dead as I have only a solo. Any help to resolve this is highly appreciated. Thanks
(29-May-2018, 10:15)Raja N Moorthy Wrote: My issue is different.  My Silver Phantom is not accepting any BT device. It is also not switching on the WiFi function after hard reset (3 times power button push).  Now my Silver Phantom is as good as dead as I have only a solo.  Any help to resolve this is highly appreciated.  Thanks

Call Support, also try pushing in the button 5 times really fast, or you may need to connect via wire to your router to get any updates. This happened to me last week btw.
I also experienced that problem. It's indeed a pity the bluetooth connection can not be protected.
I also want to use my remote to adjust the volume. Since it requires bluetooth it is kind of a problem...