Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom disconnects from the network
... when you look at the device settings in Spark, what are the Phantoms connected to before and during the streaming interruption? I have 5 silvers set-up as dual L/R and center mix, and if there is streaming interruption it is usually when one or more of the phantoms is on 2.4GHZ wifi, and the others on 5GHZ or ethernet, which puts the issue in the control software/firmware of the Dialog. The mixed signaling in my case only occurs after a grid power glitch. However this may not be the only vulnerability case.

I have filed this failure mode scenario with Devialet, and they are looking into regression testing failure recovery modes for the Dialog.

Your streaming tests indicate that your network integrity and throughput is solid. However, are all your Phantoms connected to the same switch?, or distributed over the three?
Levinson 33 amps, Wilson Grand Slamm S3's, Levinson 32 ref pre and ad/da, Basis Ovation and Rega 40 with JSpall custom tone arms, Lyra, Ortofon & Grado cartridges, Marantz AV 8801, PSAudio phono pre, Devialet Dialog w  5 Gold Phantoms, Wilson powered subwoofer, Watch center, Wilson surrounds, Kaleidescape Movie server, Crestron AV controller and switch, 120 MBS docsis3 modem, 20 MBS xdsl modem, Peplink balance 20 router, Ruckus 802.11ac Wave 2 WAPS plus multi Pakedge WAPs, 48 port POE gigabit switch, NetGear 8TB NAS, Amazon Fire,ROKU and Apple TV gen 4, 12 core Mac Pro, Macbook Air Retina, 65" and 50" Runco TV's. Blue sound node 2, OPPO BDP105D, DSpeaker AntiMode 2.0, Octava HDMI/Optical switch, cabling Nordost for analog, Cardas and wireworld for digital/optical.
I have a similar problem with a silver phantom dropping out at vol 75+ all my connections are BJC Ethernet with a gs108 switch and a n100 router this happens both with spark and TOSLINK to the dialog. Devialet are currently stumped, they say it's a firmware issue and I've had the dropping phantom swopped out for a new one. I'm very disillusioned with Devialet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(14-Oct-2016, 14:48)ondastar Wrote: ... when you look at the device settings in Spark, what are the Phantoms connected to before and during the streaming interruption? I have 5 silvers set-up as dual L/R and center mix, and if there is streaming interruption it is usually when one or more of the phantoms is on 2.4GHZ wifi, and the others on 5GHZ or ethernet, which puts the issue in the control software/firmware of the Dialog. The mixed signaling in my case only occurs after a grid power glitch. However this may not be the only vulnerability case.

I have filed this failure mode scenario with Devialet, and they are looking into regression testing failure recovery modes for the Dialog.

Your streaming tests indicate that your network integrity and throughput is solid. However, are all your Phantoms connected to the same switch?, or distributed over the three?

Hello
Thanks for your message..
In my settings all the devices are marked as "Ethernet" which is normal as all my devices are wired to several switches...

The Phantoms and dialog are wired to three separate switches... one downstairs 
One, upstairs and one in the dining room...
After reducing the number of switches.. I have done a factory reset and restarted the setup rom scratch...
Things look ok so far and I have been streaming from Qobuz for the last two hours with no interruptions...fingers crossed...
Will do a full and extensive test tomorrow before having a beer...
Will update you...
Thx for your inputs 

Cheers
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
Check your router. Some models have a crappy implementation of the NAT table causing existing connections to be dropped as memory is being freed for new ones. Especially if many simultaneous connections are made or old ones are not closed properly you may run into this problem. Easy test: shut down every network device in your house except for the phantoms and dialoog and see if it keeps playing. If it does you probably have a crappy router...
2 Phantom Gold's + Dialog. Sony Bravia TV + Mopidy server (Mac Mini playing from a network connected 4bay QNAP NAS) + Minix Neo U1 + Lindy A/D convertor connected through a Lindy 4x1 Optical switch.
My Phantoms cut out for about 2 secs every half hour or so, All hard wired through a gigabit switch.
I still love them though!
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
(14-Oct-2016, 23:05)Delgul Wrote: Check your router. Some models have a crappy implementation of the NAT table causing existing connections to be dropped as memory is being freed for new ones. Especially if many simultaneous connections are made or old ones are not closed properly you may run into this problem. Easy test: shut down every network device in your house except for the phantoms and dialoog and see if it keeps playing. If it does you probably have a crappy router...
Try removing Toslink to Phantoms

I had a similar issue with Phantom Opera with Toslink connected to my TV.

Had to constantly reboot both phantoms (two paired Phantom Opera’s) with TOSlink to one.

Had no speed issues 100mb, Netgear Pro switch. After pulling my hair out and ordering all new hardware, same issue.

Unplugged Toslink from phantom and wham, no more streaming disconnections. Works beautifully now….

Phantoms are connected to Netgear Orbi current model….

Hope that helps as I was really frustrated for months trying to diagnose and spent heaps on new hardware thinking that was the issue… mine seems to be the Toslink I out causing the disconnect….

Hope this can help others.. although I want Toslink to work, I mainly stream off Tidal, Apple Music and Spotify.