Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom evolution
Just saw that I've missed a picture of Black Phantom on the internet, along with what seems to be a sculpted previews before the final Phantoms. What do you think?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I think I want black ones!
Cool... but this is clearly model shop work. We build a product too and do similar. This is probably three years old during the initial design. Definitely does not mean a black phantom is coming.
this picture is old
I believe the picture is from December 2014. When I look at the other mock-ups for Phantom I'm really glad Devialet chose the one they did. A couple of the others are hideous.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I know that picture is old, but still, we've got the look of the black phantom. I think I can definitely see tweeter in it, so I think it was a preproduction for the final design. I like whites more since it gives more futuristic look to the speaker.
(18-Jul-2016, 10:54)dmitrek Wrote: I know that picture is old, but still, we've got the look of the black phantom. I think I can definitely see tweeter in it, so I think it was a preproduction for the final design. I like whites more since it gives more futuristic look to the speaker.

It's not a pre-production... it's model shop work guaranteed. This stuff has to be tooled, which is extremely expensive. These are likely foam that are hand-carved.
I think a Phantom speaker like color on the B&W PV1D would look awesome. A mixed between glossy and matte black.

http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Images/Pro...ack_ON.jpg
2 x Devialet Phantom Gold / Branch + Dialog
Pioneer KRP-600M 60" Plasma Tv