Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom external skin issue
My friends from Brazil: I had many doubts about power supply and I spent almost one month in contact with Devialet support to solve this problem. Finally, after that, I turn on my Phantom and unfortunately I noticed a little issue in the finish of my Phantom (photos attached). One side is not aligned with other, and there is a little cut in the external plastic skin around the midrange. I request to Devialet to submit the product to technical analisys for better evaluate the mentioned problem. After waiting more than a month, no answers and no support here in Brazil. I live here, but I'm not a brazilian costumer, so I don't have support anymore.

So, I don't know how to proceed. If someone could help me please let me know. I think the warranty can not be applied in this case because in Brazil there is no assistance for abroad purchases.

Many thanks.
Huh

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-Jun-2016, 15:26)RikV Wrote: My friends from Brazil: I had many doubts about power supply and I spent almost one month in contact with Devialet support to solve this problem. Finally, after that, I turn on my Phantom and unfortunately I noticed a little issue in the finish of my Phantom (photos attached). One side is not aligned with other, and there is a little cut in the external plastic skin around the midrange. I request to Devialet to submit the product to technical analisys for better evaluate the mentioned problem. After waiting more than a month, no answers and no support here in Brazil. I live here, but I'm not a brazilian costumer, so I don't have support anymore.

So, I don't know how to proceed. If someone could help me please let me know. I think the warranty can not be applied in this case because in Brazil there is no assistance for abroad purchases.

Many thanks.
Huh

That looks like a crack and the speaker should definitely not be like that. Did you receive it in that condition? Have you tried to contact Devialet customer service again?
(04-Jun-2016, 22:26)ragwo Wrote:
(03-Jun-2016, 15:26)RikV Wrote: My friends from Brazil: I had many doubts about power supply and I spent almost one month in contact with Devialet support to solve this problem. Finally, after that, I turn on my Phantom and unfortunately I noticed a little issue in the finish of my Phantom (photos attached). One side is not aligned with other, and there is a little cut in the external plastic skin around the midrange. I request to Devialet to submit the product to technical analisys for better evaluate the mentioned problem. After waiting more than a month, no answers and no support here in Brazil. I live here, but I'm not a brazilian costumer, so I don't have support anymore.

Many thanks.
Huh

That looks like a crack and the speaker should definitely not be like that. Did you receive it in that condition? Have you tried to contact Devialet customer service again?

I imagine that in Brazil, the ambient temperature must be pretty high (unless you have air conditioning). Could this be causing your Phantoms to overheat? Are they placed in direct sunlight? Although I suppose that the white finish would reflect direct sunlight. I can't think what would cause the case to deform and split in any other scenario (apart from it being dropped). What doubts did you have re. the power supply?
Good luck with getting them/it repaired/replaced.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
If you look at the first picture, you can see a dent in the medium ring. I would bet on a shock. This phantom has been hit which has probably provoked both the dent in the medium speaker and the cracks on the case.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Well, my doubt about power supply was that I live in a state in Brazil where we have 220V, but the power cord from my Phantom has written 127V because I bought it in Miami. Eva Hernandez from Devialet support helps me a lot by email, but I only found the answer here in this chat. I am using a voltage transformer 220V input to 110V output and works fine, no overheat. Solved.

About the crack I received it in that condition, after the purchase the device was manipulated carefully only by myself, so no shocks, drops or any damage by my fault, as well no overheat while Phantom is on. I believe a kind of shock would do that before the purchase and for this reason I contacted Devialet to evaluate better what happened, but what can I do when you don't have personal assistance in your country?

Here in Brazil they support only brazilian's costumers. I am waiting any answer from international Devialet support by email, but after more than one month nobody answer me. In my apartment there is no sunlight on my Phantom and the temperature is controlled. So I have a issue and I don't know who is able to help me.

If you are in Brazil and want to buy a Phantom abroad, you must to think about support before.
Did you try to contact Devialet using the online chat feature of their site during working hours in France?
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Good news Jean-Marie, after your tip I contacted them by online chat and the conversation was great, thank you so much.

They will replace my Phantom. They usually do not ship to Brazil, but they will check how to do it. I will wait instructions to how to proceed. I hope do not expect to much, but to know that my Phantom will be replaced it's great.

Smile
I'm happy that I could help. I wish you to receive a replacement Phantom in perfect condition and enjoy the music.

Jean-Marie
France