Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom in my AV ecosystem
So, long story short, I pretty much abandoned the idea of integrating the phantoms into a potential home theatre (5.1.2 dolby atmos) system as a front speakers (due to latency, etc.).

I would basically use the home theater system for all video related stuff (PS4, TV box, blueray) and use the Phantom for music only.

I haven't bought any home theatre system yet, but my plan is to buy:
- AV receiver (looking into ONKYO, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha)
- Packaged speakers (center, fronts, rear, subwoofer, atmos enabled speakers)

What is my goal by doing that? Ideally be able to control the volume without the shitty phantom remote or spark, be able to switch to phantom when using spotify on the AV receiver (or apple TV).

question: how do I connect the phantom to the AV receiver as the one I see don't seem to have an optical out? I saw a post about the Yamaha WXC 50 preamp. Would a device like this be needed to be the bridge between my dialog and AV receiver?

FYI, I have 2 phantom silver and a dialog

Thanks!
Michael
Best you choose an AV receiver that has an optical out, most have. The Phantom ecosystem is built on optical input for external audio signals. Alternatively there are HDMI to optical adapters or also coaxial digital output to optical adapters available, e.g. on amazon.