Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom model identification - ZP496
Hi all, I've just bought a used Phantom and was wondering if someone could tell me how to definitely confirm which model it is?
I know it's not the Silver or the Gold, but when I search for the model number ZP496, the web results show it could either be the newer Classic, or the Original 750 watt version, so I'm a little confused!
Any help and advise welcome, thanks in advance ?
Contact Devialet Support
(23-Aug-2019, 07:52)Snoopy8 Wrote: Contact Devialet Support
Thanks Snoopy, I ended up (sort of) doing that yesterday afternoon ?
I went to their website and registered the unit, which asked for the serial number, once I'd registered, it showed as a Classic, so mystery solved.
Thanks for getting back to me fella ?
Keep in mind that even the older ones still show as Classic when registered.

All models even the older ones and the very first original one which has no Bluetooth chip still get the power and performance upgrade through software. None of them are 750w anymore and they all contain the same hardware power-wise. The only difference with the newer ones is the ADH2 chip that allows for a cleaner signal. Also AirPlay hardware.
Devialet Phantom (White)
(24-Aug-2019, 16:10)kmjy Wrote: Keep in mind that even the older ones still show as Classic when registered.

All models even the older ones and the very first original one which has no Bluetooth chip still get the power and performance upgrade through software. None of them are 750w anymore and they all contain the same hardware power-wise. The only difference with the newer ones is the ADH2 chip that allows for a cleaner signal. Also AirPlay hardware.

Thanks for that info mate, nice to know the older ones get upgraded too!  The box mentions support for Airplay, so does that mean it's a newer model?  Thanks again....
If the box mentions AirPlay then it’ll have support for that. You can check by using the Devialet Spark app and going to settings and audio sources to see if an AirPlay menu is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
(24-Aug-2019, 17:11)kmjy Wrote: If the box mentions AirPlay then it’ll have support for that. You can check by using the Devialet Spark app and going to settings and audio sources to see if an AirPlay menu is available.

Hi mate, thanks for the quick reply!  The Spark app does have the Airplay option, but I wasnt able to try it as dont have any Apple products.  Cheers for your help!
Okay no worries, you’ve got one of the newer units then! That’s fantastic! You Australian?

Devialet Phantom (White)
(24-Aug-2019, 17:15)kmjy Wrote: Okay no worries, you’ve got one of the newer units then! That’s fantastic! You Australian?

Great news!  Nah, I should be Aussie with a name like Shane, but I'm a Brit ?
Yeah!! Makes sense then, I’m Australian and we both use ‘mate’ and ‘cheers’ often!!

Devialet Phantom (White)