Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom not compatible with DOS 2
Dear All,

I have two white Premier Phantoms and a Dialogue. One Phantom dates back to early 2015. It does not have bluetooth but works flawlessly.

I tried to update my devices to DOS 2 but it turns out that old Phantom is not compatible ! At least I got the warning that the two Phantoms in my set-up won't be able to communicate after upgrading.

It's a shame that my Phantom is not compatible and I feel left out of future improvements.

Has anyone experienced the same issue ? I doubt this will ever be resolved.

Francois
Did you ask Devialet support about this? They may have some kind of trade in program to sort situations like yours. It is not unusual to first buy a single Phantom and add a second later on. The two are bound to be from different production dates which may create compatibility issues like the one you have.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(13-Nov-2019, 09:53)ogs Wrote: Did you ask Devialet support about this? They may have some kind of trade in program to sort situations like yours. It is not unusual to first buy a single Phantom and add a second later on. The two are bound to be from different production dates which may create compatibility issues like the one you have.

Yes I opened a ticket. Curious to see if anyone faced the same issue ?
I heard that there upgrading old ones for some extra money.
I also have an older Phantom Classic (that does not have Bluetooth) along with a newer one that does. I have not tried to do the DOS update yet. Do you have an update on this or what they told or offered you?
(20-Nov-2019, 18:16)riozilla Wrote: I also have an older Phantom Classic (that does not have Bluetooth) along with a newer one that does.  I have not tried to do the DOS update yet.  Do you have an update on this or what they told or offered you?

I had the same case and I confirm they can't be updated and won't be. You can migrate to a refurbished DOS2 compatible (without airplay) one and 790 euros. You can test the compatibility using the devialet app and it will propose you to contact the customer care.
Thanks, yes they just replied to my ticket and offered a replacement Classic unit for $1100 US. Not at all excited about doing that so am unlikely to so will not do the SW update for now.
Same offer here except that I was not told it would be a refubished unit but rather one in stock.
By the way I was told they would like to collect all first edition Phantoms. My guess is that they discovered some potential issues. If that's the case I'm not in a hurry to pay extra $$$ to give it back to them.