Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drop in sound quality/loudness
Hello.

I have a family with two children in my house and i rarely get to experience the full potential of my Silver Phantoms. However when i get the chance I really blast the volume (to 70ish, since there really isn't anything happening after that). Just a few days ago I got the chance to relax with some music and turned up the volume. I was very suprised because they didn't sound loud at all. Turned up to 70 not really feeling anything, turned up to 80, 90 with no difference. They just seemed tame and without the normal room shaking bass and loud sound I have experienced before. Anyone had the same experience? Have Devialet made any difference in the sound setup with the last updates?

Thank you for any replies and comments.
Maybe 'night mode' is activated via the Spark app?
(06-Sep-2016, 11:28)Diplofan9 Wrote: Maybe 'night mode' is activated via the Spark app?

I tried to enable and disable it just to be sure.
This happened with night mode deactivated.
Did you try playing with a different source? Could be your original source has an issue with output gain?
(06-Sep-2016, 14:28)Dre Wrote: Did you try playing with a different source? Could be your original source has an issue with output gain?

I will try that once I get home.
I noticed this when playing through Spotify Connect which is my usual source of music with the Phantoms.

Another thing I noticed was that the music originally sounded quite high in the beginning but quickly (but not that noticable) faded down to a lower sound pressure level.
Hard to explain what it sounded like. This could of course be due to the SAM or DSP feeling to much pressure in the low frequencies, but like I said, this has not happened before to my knowledge.
(06-Sep-2016, 14:43)eibet Wrote:
(06-Sep-2016, 14:28)Dre Wrote: Did you try playing with a different source? Could be your original source has an issue with output gain?

Another thing I noticed was that the music originally sounded quite high in the beginning but quickly (but not that noticable) faded down to a lower sound pressure level.
Hard to explain what it sounded like. This could of course be due to the SAM or DSP feeling to much pressure in the low frequencies, but like I said, this has not happened before to my knowledge.

That describes night mode perfectly. I would check that setting again.