Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom stereo.Not happy with my setup.
Hi,
Got phantom stereo DOS2 connected via optical to cubox smaill computer with optical(debian) acts as render (upnp for Audirvana and Roon Extender installed).
and not far from there got a mini pc  that contains audirvana and roon that sends the sound wirlessly to the cubox.
basically im not happy with this setup and sound i mainly listen to Tidal HIFI or my private collection 16&24b/at48

i dont know how to explain the lack of " Happiness" in the sound output .
Did some changes in the room and speaker location and added a stands to the Devialet.

but im not sure that the setup of the mini pc with remote cubox is giving me the max audio quality....

please advise...
Can you borrow/buy-to-try a Mutec MC-3+USB and connect the optical from the cubox to it and go from the Mutec to Phantom optical? The re-clocking in the Mutec should do wonders to the cubox output and your 'happiness' may return... Smile

EDIT: and if your mini pc has an USB output the Mutec could be connected directly..
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Please continue experimenting with the speaker placement in room and adding room treatment. It is good you have them on stands.

I personally prefer UPnP via wired Ethernet over optical input to the Phantoms. Also, I prefer wired Ethernet over PLC. Both improved sound quality.

Are you able to experiment with Ethernet cabling by setting up a switch next to your system and connecting your PC and Phantoms?
@ogs
Thanks...that seems like a nice equipment.
But not in my budget at this moment.
If there's any equipment under 500$ il consider to purchase.so if you have any suggestions id be glad to hear.

@Snoopy8
I did customize My own stands for room correction.i took the  sound style z2 and did a custom grip to the phantoms

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-phantom-...5#pid90095 

https://www.whathifi.com/amp/best-buys/a...ker-stands
Didnt tried connecting them eth yet.
My wifi is super stable.
Il try that and report...
(27-Apr-2020, 10:49)eladeb Wrote: @ogs
Thanks...that seems like a nice equipment.
But not in my budget at this moment.
If there's any equipment under 500$ il consider to purchase.so if you have any suggestions id be glad to hear.

The only 'cheap' device I know of is the iFi iPurifier, but it has not received too much praise. ( https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum...lter.2189/ ) I think it also has optical I/O. Be ware that the included PS is not the best...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Hi ,
I connected both to eth today...1gig.
Didnt noticed the deferent.and i tryed (:
Connected and disconnected few time...same quality.
(28-Apr-2020, 16:19)eladeb Wrote: Hi ,
I connected both to eth today...1gig.
Didnt noticed the deferent.and i tryed (:
Connected and disconnected few time...same quality.
Did you try connecting the Dialog to the network and use UPnP without Roon? 

Also, can you provide a sketch of your room, including size, Phantoms and sitting position.
@Snoopy8
Yes ,
i tried listening in upnp via audirvana and bubbleupnp .
Btw i don't have dialog im on Dos2.
So stereo without the Dialog.
There's a bit of improvement but not sure.
I wand to fill the richness of the sound around the room.
So i don't know if its the positioning or the quality im sending to the phantoms
(Gold)

Il do a sketch later on and send you.

10x!