Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom stereo toslink to RCA/6.35mm
Hi all,

Does anybody have experience with converting the optical signal to an analog signal (RCA or 6.35mm)? If you do, do I need 2 phantoms converted to RCA or just one in stereo setup?

Thanks!
Phantoms does not receive analog signal anyway. You can connect RCA source to phantom through analog to digital converter.
(08-Sep-2016, 10:01)Diplofan9 Wrote: Hi all,

Does anybody have experience with converting the optical signal to an analog signal (RCA or 6.35mm)? If you do, do I need 2 phantoms converted to RCA or just one in stereo setup?

Thanks!

I am not sure I understand what you want to do here. Can you please try to clarify? Maybe we can help...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(08-Sep-2016, 10:38)ogs Wrote:

Thanks!

I am not sure I understand what you want to do here. Can you please try to clarify? Maybe we can help...
Sure! Which situation (A or B) is needed to play stereo sound? And do I need a Dialog? Or is this the wrong setup?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

As far as I know, You will need a dialog for stereo setup.
(08-Sep-2016, 19:25)Diplofan9 Wrote:
(08-Sep-2016, 10:38)ogs Wrote:

Thanks!

Sure! Which situation (A or B) is needed to play stereo sound? And do I need a Dialog? Or is this the wrong setup?

Situation B, with dialog.
(08-Sep-2016, 20:03)Gremlin Wrote:
(08-Sep-2016, 19:25)Diplofan9 Wrote:
(08-Sep-2016, 10:38)ogs Wrote: I am not sure I understand what you want to do here. Can you please try to clarify? Maybe we can help...

Situation B, with dialog.
Thank you for your effort. Starting to understand how the Phantom works in combination with the Dialog. Really can't wait to buy them. Still hesitating about the latency issue though.. Although they will solve it one day. Thanks, love this forum.