Poll: Would you consider a Phantom as a second system or replacement?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
68.12%
47 68.12%
No
31.88%
22 31.88%
Total 69 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom vote!
I think it would be interesting to gauge the interest in the new Phantom platform on here. How many current D120/200/250/400/800 owners would consider a Phantom as a second system or even replacement? Obviously I expect people to audition first but this is just to get an idea of how much the Phantom concept appeals to existing Devialet customers.

Thanks for voting. Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hi Guillaume

How about adding them to an existing system as a centre speaker and/or rear surrounds?

Nick
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Aren't these two different questions?
- would you consider a Phantom as a second system?
- would you consider a Phantom as a replacement?

Then Yes on the first and No on the second.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
I guess GuillaumeB meant to say would you consider Phantom at all, either as a second system or a replacment
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I would be quite happy to trade in my D200 / C1 setup but only if they come in purple. The white just doesn't do it for me.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(22-Dec-2014, 18:32)amabrok Wrote: I guess GuillaumeB meant to say would you consider Phantom at all, either as a second system or a replacment

Correct, just trying to get a quick snapshot of the interest in Phantom. Smile

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(22-Dec-2014, 18:22)NickB Wrote: Hi Guillaume

How about adding them to an existing system as a centre speaker and/or rear surrounds?

Nick

That's a very interesting concept. I also use my D800 in a surround sound setup for movies. Could the Phantom replace the centre speaker? If so that could potentially replace my Sonus Faber Cremona M centre speaker AND Linn Klimax Solo amplifier. However how would I get the analogue signal from my ADA processor to the Phantom? I'm not even sure I can route this as a digital out. I guess the same applies to the surrounds.

Guillaume

UK
Thought
I own a D400, say a couple PHANTOM will be better than my current D400 includes 18K$ speakers.
The upgrade to 400 I did two weeks ago ..
Do I threw my money?
Is Devialet continue to develop for the previous products?
What does it say about us as consumers ?

Anyway I vote Yes .. In case 2 PHANTOM units will preform better then my current setup I will sell my equipment .
But How will buy it ?

By the way .. I asked if Phantom could be serve as sub and integrated with my current setup .
Devilaet answer :

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your message and interest in Phantom.

Phantom can be integrated with a Devialet eco system, but you can't use it as a sub; You still need speakers with your Devialet, but with Phantom you will be able to pair any phantom device with any Devialet to share the same music;

That will be possible with Dialog only, and you will have access to the Spark application on the Devialet.
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

(22-Dec-2014, 22:54)windler Wrote: Thought
I own a D400, say a couple PHANTOM will be better than my current D400 includes 18K$ speakers.
Do I threw my money?

Anyway I vote Yes .. In case 2 PHANTOM units will preform better then my current setup I will sell my equipment .
But How will buy it ?

By the way .. I asked if Phantom could be serve as sub and integrated with my current setup .
Devilaet answer :

Dear Sir,

Phantom can be integrated with a Devialet eco system, but you can't use it as a sub; You still need speakers with your Devialet, but with Phantom you will be able to pair any phantom device with any Devialet to share the same music;

That will be possible with Dialog only, and you will have access to the Spark application on the Devialet.

I think Devialet people do not really mean to say Phantom is better than the D series. It will be a suicide to cannibalize their successful and core business with something new that obviously is not 100% guaranteed will be a success and by the look of things will generate less profits to bet sales even if successful.

What they are simply trying to achieve its too attract a new subset of customers who are not current Devialet owners. And their tag line "the best sound in the world" ideally has a hidden asterisk which to us the Devialet owners read as (* excluding the original D series)

For future development, I would not worry. I believe Devialet will continue to support and develop D series as this is well be the more profit generating business unit.

About Devialet response to your question, I guess it is good and bad news. Good that they confirm that D series will have access to Spark, and accordingly we benefit from what is raved as an excellent app, the bad thing is it seems it can only be achieved so far by connecting to a Dialog! I was hoping that they mention a firmware update to allow built in Dialog functionality and Spark usage without the need for an extra Dialog box.
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(22-Dec-2014, 22:54)windler Wrote: Thought
Do I threw my money?

But How will buy it ?

Devilaet answer :

Dear Sir,

That is most interesting. Spark for the D-series without a Dialog box. I think I'll wait a bit to see if that's going to happen, before ordering a Dialog.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands