Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms-Dialog via Ethernet
Dear All,

I had my Phantoms and Dialog working fine via Ethernet and then I changed ISP. 

I now have to connect everything together again using the new modem provided my my new ISP and the setup now fails every time when Spark asks me to connect my Dialog.

My setup is as follows:
- 1 ISP Modem with 2 Ethernet out connected to:
   - 1 Time capsule with wifi+router enabled
   - 1 8-port Netgear Gigabit hub

I tried plugging both phantoms and Dialog in the Time Capsule as well as both phantoms and Dialog in the Netgear hub resetting multiple time as per the instructions provided by Devialet but Spark invariably fails after asking if I have a Dialog.

Everything else is working fine: Internet, Wi-fi ...

I am obviously missing something and would be most grateful if you could help me understand why Spark is not detecting my Dialog.

Thank you.
(23-May-2016, 08:21)Syver Wrote: Dear All,

I now have to connect everything together again using the new modem provided my my new ISP and the setup now fails every time when Spark asks me to connect my Dialog.

My setup is as follows:

I tried plugging both phantoms and Dialog in the Time Capsule as well as both phantoms and Dialog in the Netgear hub resetting multiple time as per the instructions provided by Devialet but Spark invariably fails after asking if I have a Dialog.

I am obviously missing something and would be most grateful if you could help me understand why Spark is not detecting my Dialog.

Thank you.

A possible reason could be network addressing. You should check if there are more than one DHCP servers (Time Capsule and ISP router) in your network. In this case you have to deactivate one DHCP server. Usually DHCP is activated by default on many ISP routers.
(23-May-2016, 09:10)karebe Wrote: A possible reason could be network addressing. You should check if there are more than one DHCP servers (Time Capsule and ISP router) in your network. In this case you have to deactivate one DHCP server. Usually DHCP is activated by default on many ISP routers.

Thanks but I doubt that is the case here.
The box installed by the ISP is a very simple 1 Optical In - 2 Ethernet Out. I don't think it has any DHCP server capability. But I will check tonight with the manufacturer's reference.
(23-May-2016, 08:21)Syver Wrote: Dear All,

My setup is as follows:

Thank you.

Try this - 
Disconnect Phantom from ethernet 
Make sure Dialog and Phantom are in the same room
Connect Dialog into time capsule - connect to wifi from time capsule on your device thats running Spark

(don't connect ISP modem or netgear hub)
if this does not work your Time Capsule is not serving DHCP using wired connection OR check your ethernet cable on your Dialog

If this works connect your ISP modem and restart all your devices

You should add phantom to your network using ethernet as the very last step and one phantom at a time
make sure to check what type of connection Phantom is using to connect to Dialog each time until you figure out what the problem is

also you might get better results switching out your hub for a switch
Thanks for your help. I am still stuck so I ll provide more info.

My hub is actually a switch GS208V2.

The isp modem is an Alcatel - Lucent i-020g-p.

The switch manual says connect the computer to the switch, the switch to the wifi router (here the Time Capsule ?) and the router to the modem (Alcatel Lucent box).

When I do that, I get a double NAT error on the Time Capsule which I can't solve unless I disable the DHCP and NAT mode in the TC cause if I do wifi is gone.

What is causing is the double NAT error and how to fix it ?
(25-May-2016, 13:56)Syver Wrote: Thanks for your help. I am still stuck so I ll provide more info.

My hub is actually a switch GS208V2.

The isp modem is an Alcatel - Lucent i-020g-p.

The switch manual says connect the computer to the switch, the switch to the wifi router (here the Time Capsule ?) and the router to the modem (Alcatel Lucent box).

When I do that, I get a double NAT error on the Time Capsule which I can't solve unless I disable the DHCP and NAT mode in the TC cause if I do wifi is gone.

What is causing is the double NAT error and how to fix it ?

Ty this:

a) Deactivate DHCP and NAT on the TC and give your TC manually an ip adress within the subnet of your Lucent. But no adress which is in the DHCP range of it.
b) Configure your TC as Bridge and not as router (the router mode should cause your issue)
Problem fixed. I unplugged literally everything power and ethernet cables. Full reset of the Time Capsule and the Phantoms by the book. Then reconfigured the TC and its wifi network. Once that worked, I dit the phantoms and dialog via Wifi first as indicated above (thanks for the tip) and then plugged in the Ethernet cables. Turns out the double Nat error was BS after all. Should be easier than this but it isn't. Morale of my story, if any change in network conf start from scratch.