Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantoms and Classical Music
(14-Aug-2016, 21:21)ghuinink Wrote:
(14-Aug-2016, 21:18)f1eng Wrote: I mainly listen to classical music and have neither of the problems you mention.

Good to hear Smile
Can you recommend me some good sounding recordings? Mainly of the larger symphonic repertoire.....

Just got back from holiday.
I have 3 sets of speakers in here.
The Phantoms, huge horns and some large traditional type moving coil speakers.
The Phantoms and conventional speakers have a very similar balance, the horns give a more distant perspective.
We have a model-B Steinway in the music room. The Phantoms and Epilogs sound like the piano does in our music room. The horns sound like the piano does in around the middle row seats of of the Queen Elizabeth hall.

I would say that my recordings don't sound unusual on the Phantoms to me, so I would expect recordings which sound better to you on other speakers would sound better on the Phantoms too.

IME the sound quality of recordings varies more than the SQ of hifi equipment.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Dear All,

After resetting Phantoms, music sound dull indeed. However, if you listen to radio station first and then to other sources, everything is OK.

Looks as a software bug...

Best,

Andrzej.