Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phono Stage Expert vs Pro
Information 
Hello guys,

I recently updated D200 to D220, everything else has remained unchanged, has the Phonostage changed? the sound is now too "velvety" and with little dynamics, the setting is the same as my ex D200, I feel like I'm listening to an old Linn LP12  Confused
Clearaudio Solution Cmb - Clearaudio Syncro Power - Achromat - The Wand Plus II - AT Oc9 III - Nuc Cirrus7  Roon Rock - Cisco sg200-08 - D220 Expert Pro Ci - PMC LB1 Signature with SAM - Egglestonworks Fontaine II - 2x BK 200Xls ff Mk2 - Meicord Eth - Siltech New York - Audioquest Nrg Z3 - HAF Drc

Marietto - Italia
Why not try different RIAA curves? You can try them on the fly

A long press on the tone control gets you a sub menu. When (for example) RIAA1976 appears in blue, rotating the volume changes the curves. If you want to stick with one or exit, press the power button

The differences are subtle

What is wrong with an LP12? Many people still swear by them
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
(15-Jan-2021, 16:25)chrisc Wrote: Why not try different RIAA curves? You can try them on the fly

A long press on the tone control takes you to a submenu. When (for example) RIAA1976 appears in blue, turning the volume changes the curves. If you want to stick with one or quit, hit the power button

The differences are subtle

What's wrong with an LP12? Many people still swear by them
Hello ,

I thank you for the advice and I know those functions well, unfortunately they do not solve ..
Clearaudio Solution Cmb - Clearaudio Syncro Power - Achromat - The Wand Plus II - AT Oc9 III - Nuc Cirrus7  Roon Rock - Cisco sg200-08 - D220 Expert Pro Ci - PMC LB1 Signature with SAM - Egglestonworks Fontaine II - 2x BK 200Xls ff Mk2 - Meicord Eth - Siltech New York - Audioquest Nrg Z3 - HAF Drc

Marietto - Italia
Which phono cartridge is it?

A suggestion would be to write to Devialet, providing as much info as possible, ie

Make and model of cartridge
The recommended impedance, average and maximum output level
Type and length of interconnect cable
Are there any other components between the cartridge outputs and the amp
How your phono input is set up on their Configurator
Did you make any alterations via the Configurator after receiving the amp back

Since D designed this, they should be able to offer a solution
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds