Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pioneer N-50A
Recently purchased the 200 and have to make a decision on what sources to keep.
Currently have a MF CLIC which cant be connected digitally, so may keep the MFMI CD Transport too for now.
Thought of the above as a temporary fix. it has a digital output so should perform better than the CLIC? Is this too simplistic.?
It would connect to my NAS I would assume and also has the internet radio. It also has spotify connect which the CLIC does not have.

If it did the same job only better because of the digital connection then it would appear to be a no brainer solution. i would actually reduce my boxes and have some spare cash.

I am assuming it would sound better or just as good as the CLIC as a digital connection.

Any comments once again appreciated.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
It is worth checking. In general one should steer away from oversimplification. The fact that it had a digital out does not guarantee that it will outperform your Music Fedility. It all depends on how good the implementation of digital out is made.

In general the streamers category is still in the infancy stage and growing very fast. So before rushing I suggest widening the scope of your search a bit.

Right here on this forum there are many threads extensively discussing this very topic and reviewing many streamers from the very simple and entry level ones to more sophisticated and high end ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(14-Mar-2015, 15:21)amabrok Wrote:
(14-Mar-2015, 15:19)amabrok Wrote: It is worth checking. In general one should steer away from oversimplification. The fact that it had a digital out does not guarantee that it will outperform your Music Fedility. It all friends in how good the implementation of digital out is made.

In general the streamers category is still in the infancy stage and growing very fast. So before rushing I suggest widening the scope of your search a bit.

Right here on this forum there are many threads extensively discussing this very topic and reviewing many streamers from the very simple and entry level ones to more sophisticated and high end ones.  

Yes it was only as a temporary measure, until I decide which way to go with a streamer. Possible options in mind are Dialog, Aurender, Auraliac, and a few others.
Just right now I have to decide whether to keep my CD player as it willbe digitally connected or put up with the CLIC which is not digitally connected.
Your reply helps thanks

Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(14-Mar-2015, 15:24)Womaz Wrote:
(14-Mar-2015, 15:19)amabrok Wrote: It is worth checking. In general one should steer away from oversimplification. The fact that it had a digital out does not guarantee that it will outperform your Music Fedility. It all friends in how good the implementation of digital out is made.

Yes it was only as a temporary measure, until I decide which way to go with a streamer. Possible options in mind are Dialog, Aurender, Auraliac, and a few others.
Just right now I have to decide whether to keep my CD player as it willbe digitally connected or put up with the CLIC which is not digitally connected.
Your reply helps thanks

Oh I got it now. But still why would you do it on two steps if I may ask?

Wouldn't it be better to wait let's say until May. By then we will have possibly known more about Dialog and also it gives you time to make up your mind on which other option you may go to in case Dialog fails to meet the expectations of the expert line owners

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
If you're after something temporary, how about a Sonos Connect? It's not the last word in sound quality, and can't stream higher than 16/44.1, but makes up for that by being very easy to set up and use, and is inexpensive (less than £300 in standard form). If you decided later that you wanted something more sophisticated, it would fetch a pretty good price on eBay. You could even buy it there in the first place.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Has anyone ever tried an N50 with a Devialet, you never know, it might be very good? Or of course, it might not. It is easy to dismiss brands such as Pioneer, but I believe the N50 shares a chassis with the £2K+ Krell Connect, plus the control app is supposed to be good. Who knows?
(14-Mar-2015, 15:35)amabrok Wrote:
(14-Mar-2015, 15:24)Womaz Wrote:

Your reply helps thanks

Oh I got it now. But still why would you do it on two steps if I may ask?

Wouldn't it be better to wait let's say until May. By then we will have possibly known more about Dialog and also it gives you time to make up your mind on which other option you may go to in case Dialog fails to meet the expectations of the expert line owners

Some good points again. One reason is my dealer is takisng some gear in as trade in. The amp for definite. I will probably keep the CLIC and trade the CD transport to. One of the appeals of the 200 was box reduction.
If i just swap it for the amp I have not done that.
i am yet to try the headphones without my dedicated headphone amp. One reason is the configurator is not well documented in my opinion.
(14-Mar-2015, 15:35)thumb5 Wrote: If you're after something temporary, how about a Sonos Connect?  It's not the last word in sound quality, and can't stream higher than 16/44.1, but makes up for that by being very easy to set up and use, and is inexpensive (less than £300 in standard form).  If you decided later that you wanted something more sophisticated, it would fetch a pretty good price on eBay.  You could even buy it there in the first place.

A possible option yes. Probably leaning towards getting rid of the CD transport and keeping the CLIC for now. Then looking at the options i mention above. The Aurender N100 is one I have been keeping my eye on for a little while now.

Also thought about the PS Audio Dacstream..............
(14-Mar-2015, 15:40)Confused Wrote: Has anyone ever tried an N50 with a Devialet, you never know, it might be very good? Or of course, it might not. It is easy to dismiss brands such as Pioneer, but I believe the N50 shares a chassis with the £2K+ Krell Connect, plus the control app is supposed to be good. Who knows?

I fully agree. I personally had a pleasant experience with Denon DNP which falls more or less in the same bucket with Pioneer. And Pioneer has an excellent LX A/V receivers that perform very well on sound.

And hinging on this idea I was not dismissing Pioneer, I was actually encouraging to try it and to widen the scope.

Dubai, UAE
(14-Mar-2015, 16:48)amabrok Wrote:
(14-Mar-2015, 15:40)Confused Wrote: Has anyone ever tried an N50 with a Devialet, you never know, it might be very good?  Or of course, it might not.  It is easy to dismiss brands such as Pioneer, but I believe the N50 shares a chassis with the £2K+ Krell Connect, plus the control app is supposed to be good.  Who knows?

I fully agree. I personally had a pleasant experience with Denon DNP which falls more or less in the same bucket with Pioneer. And Pioneer has an excellent LX A/V receivers that perform very well on sound.

And hinging on this idea I was not dismissing Pioneer, I was actually encouraging to try it and to widen the scope.

I wish someone would try the Pioneer!  Smile 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK