Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plc vs wifi option
I connect Phantoms with Ethernet one to each other and that solves problem with stability.
(11-Feb-2020, 00:31)Snoopy8 Wrote: I have had no problems with stability with DOS1 and have compared all 3. Ethernet has better SQ than PLC, which in turn is better than Wifi (router is next to Phantoms).

Wi-Fi and PLC are both highly environment-specific since they both use common, unregulated resources. It is misleading to say one is better than the other as a general statement. Under perfect environmental conditions both perform perfectly according to their specifications. Back in the real world ymmv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can just confirm what @struts said. I had my 2 Phantoms I connected with Ethernet earlier - everything worked fine and nowadays with wifi. Up to date Router is in the same room, high speed internet. At least under those good environmental conditions, no differences whatsoever between Ethernet and WiFi. Reason for WiFi was a new places where I didnt wanted to install long Ethernet cables through the room. So therefore I think, just give it a try if you want to use WiFi.