Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help. Reactor 900s wont play WHILE CONNECTED
Hi all,

I've had my pair of Reactor 900s for two weeks now and still can't maintain a stable connection.
I connect the speakers to my mobile via Bluetooth and Devialet app.
The speakers are connected to the modem via wifi. I play music via Tidal app or Samsung music player on my Samsung Note 10.
This is the best option for me. No roon, PC connection or spark app via wifi. I want to use the Bluetooth option. Best sound for me.

2 problems im having. 

1. Right speaker randomly stops playing while left speaker continues playing. Sometimes the app indicates the left speaker is missing
even though its the right speaker that stopped. Strange. Only way to resolve, is to unplug right speaker from power socket then plug in again.
Re-pair and continue in stereo (until the next time it happens).

2. Even worse problem. 50% of the time I want to listen, I pair my speakers via Bluetooth to my mobile, everything indicates a connection is successful, yet the Reactors make no sound. This happens on all devices when I connect them to the Reactors via Bluetooth. As stated above, every time I want to listen, there's a 50% chance that this will happen and ill have to unplug both speakers from power then re-plug, re-pair and its back to both speakers working (until the next time it happens). This is so frustrating because, I absolutely love the sound and need a consistent stereo connetion.

Here's a list of all the things I've tried to fix it.

- I've tried to connect the speakers directly to the modem via ethernet.
- I've tried all 3 connection options through the Devialet app. Auto, WIFI, PLC.

- I've done a factory reset on both speakers too many times.
- I've tried turning off the firewall on my modem.
- Both speakers are plugged into the same power point, directly next to each other (for PLC option).
- I've tried re-installing the modem and adjusting my internet/modem settings for best internet connection.
- I've tried setting up my Reactors via the app on my tablet as well as my mobile. 
- The Devialet app is up to date.
- The volume is not muted on my mobile and I have "use for audio" enabled on my mobile bluetooth settings.
- I've tried unpairing all other devices from my mobile except the Reactors.
- I've contacted Devialet support and they have been extremely helpful and committed to helping me solve the problmem.
  However every test we have run so far has not solved the two problems Im experiencing.

If anyone has any idea as to what the problem could be and what to try to fix it, I would be extremely greatful.
I want to keep these bad boys soooooo bad. Incredible speakers and technology. Just need to fix these bugs.
Could they just be defect? Devialet is prepared to send me a new pair if the problem continues.

Thanks
I'm going to assume you mean router not modem in referring to your connection of speakers to wifi. Correct?
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
My setup, which gives me full satisfaction:
The wifi is on a set of Google mesh devices.
Once the setup is done, I connect an ethernet cable directly between the 2 Phantoms, from one to the other.
I use the Phantoms for the sound of the tv, through the optical input, and stream music with spotify high res.
My wife is happier since the new remote is here
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
i have no sound from my gold phantom while connected via bluetooth. have to unplug and reconnect then it works. playing via android phone. this happens if i connect to something else like another speaker if i'm in my car or headphones walking around. when i return home and connect to phantom it will connect but won't play sound. devialet app says "bluetooth audio" instead of name of song in the active audio player (amazon music app) when it is working.

the hard reboot fixes it but it it annoying. my cheap bluetooth speakers work every time no matter how many times i disconnect and reconnect.

defialet should fix this. it is sad for a system of this price. the sound is better than my home system but these connection issues are embarrassing