Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please vote for Harbeth M40.1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wink 
If any of you gentlemen have any votes left, I'd be extremely grateful if you could vote for Harbeth M40.1 for the SAM treatment!

I thank you in advance Big Grin
Now on 127 votes.  How manyare needed to get them SAMd?

Come on, you know you want to!   Big Grin
I'm pretty sure your Harbeth will be SAM'd in the near future thanks to the new SAM lab. 
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(24-May-2015, 01:09)Charlemagne Wrote: I'm pretty sure your Harbeth will be SAM'd in the near future thanks to the new SAM lab. 

Will the SAM Lab be the same process as they did in their Lab?

Will It be as good as full SAM?

Will Devialet stop taking in speakers for SAMing then?

Thanks
The new SAM lab is developed to make it able to SAM speakers on location and it is supposed to equal the original SAM processing. They miniaturized the gear needed for the SAM processing in a small box. Devialet is considering how they will organise the SAM processing on location. They mentioned 'events' at premium resellers. The real processing should be done by their own techniciens. You just bring in your LS and they do the job. It will cost about ten minutes per set. 

In this white Paper you will find all the information about SAM lab (from page 5 onwards):

https://fr.devialet.com/docs/whitepaperfirmwarev8.pdf
(24-May-2015, 09:57)Charlemagne Wrote: The new SAM lab is developed to make it able to SAM speakers on location and it is supposed to equal the original SAM processing. They miniaturized the gear needed for the SAM processing in a small box. Devialet is considering how they will organise the SAM processing on location. They mentioned 'events' at premium resellers. The real processing should be done by their own techniciens. You just bring in your LS and they do the job. It will cost about ten minutes per set. 

In this white Paper you will find all the information about SAM lab (from page 5 onwards):

https://fr.devialet.com/docs/whitepaperfirmwarev8.pdf

Thanks again Charlemagne.

Is there any word on when they plan to start this?

BTW, have they now frozen the "vote for SAM" page?   Harbeth M40.1 has been stuck on 127 for over a week.  A friend just voted for them, but it didn't change from 127.
I had assumed that SAM was done in an anechoic chamber or similar. Won't SAM lab results be very room dependant?
No, they measure the LS itself electronically and the woofer excursions with lasers.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(27-May-2015, 15:55)Antoine Wrote: No, they measure the LS itself electronically and the woofer excursions with lasers.

Curious!  So how does SAM Lab know how much bass the speaker is actually producing at any given frequency?
UPDATE..

I asked Devialet if they planned to SAM Harbeth M40.1 & offered to lend my pair. Didn't think they would, as I'm in UK. Thought they'd source a pair from a Paris dealer... So I was surprised when they said yes please. Collection was arranged immediately & they will go on Monday!

Have to say, Judith has been a real pleasure to deal with, as with all correspondence I've had with Devialet.