Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
36.84%
28 36.84%
No
63.16%
48 63.16%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
I updated the firmware today. I still get no hissing at all from my early pair. The volume control law is quite different with the new update.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I'm now affected Sad
before no hissing, but with new update, yes.
Hissing disappear after 2-3 seconds when music is paused...
I've contacted Devialet support regarding the hissing noise, I will keep you updated. I would gladly sacrifice my neighbours dog for a hiss free pair of Silver Phantom, getting rid of two noise problems at once :p
Joke aside, this whole situation is getting a bit annoying.

Edit: Serial numbers starts with H30 on my new pair. The old ones started with H25.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(01-Sep-2015, 21:35)andreas Wrote: I'm now affected Sad
before no hissing, but with new update, yes.
Hissing disappear after 2-3 seconds when music is paused...

That is definitely not good news. Please contact Devialet support and keep us updated. Maybe there's a way to roll back to 1.2.0.0
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(01-Sep-2015, 17:04)ragwo Wrote: I received a new pair of Silver Phantoms on Friday. Still the same hissing noise. When confronted with the persisting problem Devialet support claimed that my old Phantoms didn't have a hardware problem after all, it was all software related. If they told me that before I made a complaint about the new speakers I would not be so suspicious, they had several opportunities while emailing when the speakers were stuck in custom. The new firmware reduces the noise from volume 5 and downwards, from 6 and upwards it is the same.
TBC

I have the same hissing noise and contacted the dealer about this issue. We made an oppointment and a few days later, the dealer came with a brand new set of phantoms and dialog. We replaced every component with one fresh out of the box. To my suprise, the hissing was still very present. Unfortunately, the dealer could not hear the hissing very well. This was a little bit of a shock to me. Seems that not everybody has the same experience as I have. We decided to keep my old setup and wait for the firmware update.
I experience the new firmware the same way. At very low volume (I would say below 10), I hear almost no noise. Above 10 is as with previous firmware, no or maybe a little improvement. I'm not sure, I need more listening hours.
Furthermore, bluetooth is not available (serials starting with H21) which is disapointing as I bought the phantoms begin of July. I guess I have received a pair from an older batch. Another disapointment.
I am now having hissing problems after the firmware 1.3.0.31 update :-(

It is much issues than before now from my Phantom system. Happened with this update?

Is there someone in this room having more problems than before with their Phantom and Dialog?

Or it just me?
I experience hissing but it is not noticeably at a normal listening position. I can hear it only at about 10-20 cm away from the speaker, at low volume parts of the music, especially with classical music.
(01-Sep-2015, 21:39)ragwo Wrote: I've contacted Devialet support regarding the hissing noise, I will keep you updated. I would gladly sacrifice my neighbours dog for a hiss free pair of Silver Phantom, getting rid of two noise problems at once :p
Joke aside, this whole situation is getting a bit annoying.

Edit: Serial numbers starts with H30 on my new pair. The old ones started with H25.

FWIW my non-hissing Phantoms have H09 and H10 serial numbers
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(02-Sep-2015, 16:19)racapsa Wrote: I experience hissing but it is not noticeably at a normal listening position. I can hear it only at about 10-20 cm away from the speaker, at low volume parts of the music, especially with classical music.

Are you sure that the hissing isn't actually on the recording? It is not uncommon for low levels of classical music to run near the background noise level of some microphones and particularly of recordings made to analogue reel-to-reel tape where the signal to noise ratio is not to CD standard.

I listen mainly to classical music and have never heard any hiss from my Phantoms that was not on the recording.

OTO no electronics are completely silent. For years, before CD, my best cartridge input for my turntable produced a level of noise audible about 1 m from the speakers, but not from the listening position and certainly inaudible when music was playing.
Oxfordshire

Upgraded to the new firmware. The hissing is reduced at low volume up to 15/20, but it's still there from 20 up. Between 20/30 and depending on music it's noticable and on about the same level as before. The different scaling in the volume slider however makes it difficult to compare to the last firmware. My conclusion for now is there's still something wrong and the hissing shouldn't be their. I will do some more testing.

I somehow can't believe it's all software/firmware dependent, given the statements here from users without any hissing.
Devialet 250PRO - Audio Physic Avantera - AIR-ETH - Roon