Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Portable SAM - Canada 2016????
I just happened to be in Toronto this weekend and went to the annual TAVES show where Devialet had a few exhibits (Cdn Distributor Plurison...). Phantoms were a static display, at least on Sunday when I was there. They had a 400 system and the new Focal speakers - Sopra#2 - very nice indeed.

I wish I had more time to grill the exhibitors on how Devialet was coming along with the ongoing issues, etc. but I did not. What I can say is the senior gent during the demo when I was there did not have any issues using his smart phone as the source via wireless to the D400 set-up. When queried on portable SAM coming to Canada all he could advise was he thought the techs were still somewhere in the Far East (AKA Asia to us Canucks) and he was hoping that they would be in Canada "sometime" in 2016.

Wish I could offer more info but the exhibitor appeared to be more interested in discussing the recording session which he arranged/recorded he was demoing via his phone, in all fairness I was in the room for only 10 minutes...