Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibilty to connect other brands ?
Hello,
my goal is to make a low cost sound system in the basement, the kitchen and so on in the house where quality is not mandatory.

Could it be possible to connect by wifi low cost speakers visible by the dialog and using spark + My Tidal streaming ?

In fact like in the good old time when we could connect any spearker to any device (most of the time) just with wires...
Someone could do that ? Am I dreaming ?
The answer is no. But why would you want to do it?
You could start with Roon. Then connect cheap Roon ready devices (they start at around $100,- I believe) in the individual rooms and to the Dialog.

Another way is to use Sonos. You can use reasonably cheap Sonos speakers in the kitchen etc. and a Sonos Connect to run into the Dialog. Denon Heos does the same and there are probably more alternatives but as someone who has set up Sonos once I can tell you it's hard to beat for it simplicity.
If the Sonos WIFI system doesn't work in your house (the basement for instance) you can use data cable; wires, just like the good old days  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
@ gremlin :
Why ? just to have music by wifi in other rooms at a low price ; I simply cannot afford a pair of golds in every room !

@ pim :
I'll have a look.
You actually mean that Roon devices can be simply connected to the Dialog ? Great !
Are they visible when running Spark and is it possible to get different music in different rooms ?
(rookie's questions... sorry...)
(29-May-2018, 02:07)mac Wrote: @ gremlin :
Why ? just to have music by wifi in other rooms at a low price ; I simply cannot afford a pair of golds in every room !

@ pim :
I'll have a look.
You actually mean that Roon devices can be simply connected to the Dialog ? Great !
Are they visible when running Spark and is it possible to get different music in different rooms ?
(rookie's questions... sorry...)

Roon would be replacing Spark in this case. So you would need some device to run Roon on, like a NAS or a computer, and a Roon ready device in front of the DAC, amplifier or active speakers you'll be using. It also needs to plug into the Dialog. So the Roon ready (endpoint) device will plug into one of the inputs on the Dialog. I assume the Toslink will be what you would be using.

You'll find plenty of information when you google 'cheap Roon endpoint'

This might be a long shot but there's been a recent post here on DC about a new version of Spark that will replace Spark on the Phantom and also work on the Expert range with Core Infinity upgrade. One never knows what Devialet are planning to do but it might just be a good idea to wait what this new software will do. I can imagine for instance that you can use the USB port on the Dialog as an output. Who knows?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Plus if you’re interested in Roon hound Devialet about making Phantoms RAAT, which will allow them to be played, grouped and zoned directly in Roon and with many other devices.  Previously Devialet have said Phantoms are to be controlled by Spark only - and wouldn’t entertain the idea of RoonReady - but since Expert Pros have been green-lit for RAAT (and Phantoms are on the same hardware) it should be a pretty trivial undertaking to add Phantoms after Experts are finalised.

I doubt Devialet are still clinging onto the idea that everyone in the world will own a Phantom and also really like using Spark, so it’s pribably a good time.

Or if you’re happy with the Devialet ecosystem could maybe get second hand original Phantoms, even single ones for the other rooms? Have seen eBay ones go for around £500-700. Still not cheap, but might be an easy solution.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(28-May-2018, 21:14)mac Wrote: Hello,
my goal is to make a low cost sound system in the basement, the kitchen and so on in the house where quality is not mandatory.

Could it be possible to connect by wifi low cost speakers visible by the dialog and using spark + My Tidal streaming ?

As has been answered previously, neither Spark nor Dialog can connect outside of the Phantom ecosystem.

However, if you are willing to stop using Spark for your music selection, and replace it with something like, for example, the Mconnect app, then this app can connect to any Phantom, via UPNP, as well as other UPNP enabled speakers.
Mconnect provides access to your music library as well as Tidal, including streaming of MQA titles.
You may find certain Spark type functionality missing but there is a free version available to try called Mconnect lite.
You are then ‘free’ to choose appropriate speakers for each of your rooms from different manufacturers.
(29-May-2018, 19:50)Hifi_swlon Wrote: ........  Previously Devialet have said Ohantims are to be controlled by Soark only ..........

This is news! Angel
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(31-May-2018, 17:50)Confused Wrote:
(29-May-2018, 19:50)Hifi_swlon Wrote: ........  Previously Devialet have said Ohantims are to be controlled by Soark only ..........

This is news! Angel

Typos fixed. Blush I have a really bad time with iPad and iPhone on this forum in particular, I seem to have to type things three times at least just to fix the mistakes.... I blame autocorrect etc.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<