Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Network issues - expert advice please :)
So I have had a few serious issues with sound cutting out, and I had pretty much narrowed it down to every time I activated optical by turning on phono stage (dialogue optical set to manual), even while Tidal was still playing it would instantly start cutting out on one channel

Then switching to optical source would also be cutting out, often deteriorating to no sound except the odd squeak 

I updated my versions and all was fine for a couple of days - then last night this time just watching TV on optical after an hour or so sound started cutting out  (had been listening to Tidal all day long no issues at all)

Annoyingly since getting a reply from customer service I can't reproduce the fact that optical seems to trigger it, but then even when back to Tidal it persists

Anyway long story short they are telling me to buy a 4 way connector and connect my phantoms via Ethernet cables, which is totally impractical and expensive for me to even test

Virgin Media Superhub AC latest model meant to be petty damn good -
Transmits on 2.5 and 5ghz simultaneously 
Ethernet into dialogue
Wireless to speakers around 10 ft from dialogue

SO MY LONG WINDED QUESTION IS - CAN IT BE AN ISSUE WITH MY WIFI NETWORK WITH THE BELOW SYMPTOMS / BEHAVIOURS?  : (to a non techie I think not - but it's probably more complex than I think Smile)

- Dropping on one channel only?
-Triggered by Optical Activation instantly when Tidal has been playing perfectly for hours (too much of a coincidence its not related as I tested several times over a few days while it was happening)
-Starts with small cut outs one one channel,
and sometimes ends with no sound at all..... even though wifi signal is strong and working (40mbps solid over wifi)
-Fixed immediately with Restart Set Up the last time (how would restart set up fix my wifi network?)

MAYBE SOMEONE HERE CAN ANSWER ME BEFORE CUSTOMER SUPPORT AS THEY SEEM RETICENT TO EXPLAIN ANY MORE THAN "Try wired connection!"

Thanks!