Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
add any 250 to make 800?
So my D250 started life as a D-Premier and was upgraded relatively early. I'm thinking about perhaps upgrading to a D800, ideally by purchasing another D250 second-hand. Is there any reason to prefer a set of 250s that were acquired originally as an 800, or can I pick up any used 250 and get good results in 800 configuration?

Thanks in advance, you power-mad 800 owners! :-)

Fred
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
No and yes.
Both are exactly the same inside. just the outside colors vary.

And I know someone who can sell you one of his 250s Smile He has one mat black upgraded, and one black chrome, born as 250.

Just pm if interested.

Cheers
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
the cheapest course of action for you would be to find a 250 slave unit. they are cheaper than master units because they are lacking in a few components like ethernet input etc which the slave doesnt use.

other than that, any 250 is fine.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(28-Aug-2015, 16:57)Kunter Wrote: No and yes.
Both are exactly the same inside. just the outside colors vary.

And I know someone who can sell you one of his 250s Smile He has one mat black upgraded, and one black chrome, born as 250.

Just pm if interested.

Cheers

Thanks. I probably will hold out for a chrome silver one, since that's what my existing one is. :-)
[url=//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/][/url]
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
(27-Aug-2015, 22:27)flohmann Wrote: So my D250 started life as a D-Premier and was upgraded relatively early. I'm thinking about perhaps upgrading to a D800, ideally by purchasing another D250 second-hand. Is there any reason to prefer a set of 250s that were acquired originally as an 800, or can I pick up any used 250 and get good results in 800 configuration?

Thanks in advance, you power-mad 800 owners! :-)

Fred

An upgraded D-Premier will also do the work.

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
Indeed, which is what I've now used to move to D800. :-)