Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power button not working on 120
A bit more than a week ago I bought a Devialet 120. Couldn't be happier with it. However the power button stopped working on the device. My dealer will swap the unit next week so everything should be fine then but I wonder if anybody else has this experience.

I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the pass-tru feature I use. Which causes the 120 to become hotter than normal. If've seen 64 C on the display. This forums shows that Devialet has responded to such cases that this temperature is perfectly normal. After I've used the pass-tru function, the power button stops working at least I'm starting to think this is related.

Hope the new unit doesn't suffer from this.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
Can't comment on the pass thru but I noticed my temps are at 50-58, which I thought was rather high? My dealer is looking into it. The button on my 2 week old d120 seems to still be working.
Mac Mini ->iTunes/Amarra->AudioQuest Diamond USB->D120->Supra Sword Speaker Cables->KEF LS-50
I also noticed that pass thru increase the temperature.
Default option is -5db, but in my settings sound was very low.
Thus I increased it to 10db which give me enough sound.
But indeed gets warm
As they run in (if you believe they do) they get cooler - my 200 used to run at 55 -60 C but now runs very happily at 35 - 36 C doing the same job as previously. It takes a good 6 months for them to settle down.

Nick
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
The 120 has been swapped. Power button feels more solid so should be ok now. I did notice that the first one almost required no break-in period and sounded great out-of-the box already. The new one sounded far from the level it should be. 48 hours later it sounded great again.

Normal temperature is 43 degrees. In pass tru mode it is now 55 when using the default -5db value. I had to increase the output volume of the HT source as it sounded to low in volume. I did try changing the default value to 0db however the device temperatute in pass tru became 64 degrees. Ok according to Devialet but I thought I could easily lower it bu tweaking the default and the output of the HT source.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands