Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Power conditionners
Thanks David and Sam1000, all very good points indeed.

I currently own a Sigma NR V1 going from P10 to one of the Devialets. The second D is fed by a cheap chord.

I have 2 Sigma NR V2 on order that will feed the Ds. After they arrive I will use my Sigma NR v1 from wall to P10 or whatever replaces it.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(19-May-2020, 01:34)bernardl Wrote: I have 2 Sigma NR V2 on order that will feed the Ds. 

Oh boy are you on for a treat!  Big Grin Cool

The new Alpha v2 easily beats the outgoing Sigma NR v1... the new Sigma V2 is closer to Omega QR performance!!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(19-May-2020, 09:20)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(19-May-2020, 01:34)bernardl Wrote: I have 2 Sigma NR V2 on order that will feed the Ds. 

The new Alpha v2 easily beats the outgoing Sigma NR v1... the new Sigma V2 is closer to Omega QR performance!!

Guillaume

Then how am I going to feel about a pair of Apha V2 speaker cables that I'm waiting for as soon as they're released?  :-)
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Smile 

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

Thanks! I am looking forward to it. :-)

But then there is the conditioner topic...

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(19-May-2020, 10:40)bernardl Wrote:

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

Thanks! I am looking forward to it. :-)

But then there is the conditioner topic...

Cheers,
Bernard

One of my dealers recently demo'd the UK Denali 6000/T (which in itself is a unique piece in terms of specs, not available for any other market) against a customer's P20. Apparently it wasn't even close... 

I know it's naughty of me to say this but it is the honest truth Angel and I am very passionate about my products. I'd always recommend demoing for yourself where possible.

The V2 Denali platform has a lot of new innovations and it quite a dramatic improvement over v1: better CCI filters and twice as may of them, 6 zones of isolation (versus 3 in earlier model), internal "coffin" design (better isolation and dampening), improved QR/BB module, GP-NR (ground plane NR which didn't exist in V1)... basically even better noise reduction and current delivery than the previous model.

Cheers,

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I don't doubt your honesty Guillaume, and I also don't doubt that the Denali and upcoming Everest are outstanding.

My view remains that you were very smart to become the Shunyata dealer for UK, it's such a nice brand.

Cheers,
Bernard
Seems Audioquest isn’t much tested here?
I think there are some AQ users here also.

I personally dislike the brand because I find it crazy and dishonest to sell 60,000 US$ speaker cables, but that's just me. I still think they are putting out some fine products.

I am not connected to any brand and I just tell it like it is.

Cheers,
Bernard
I am too very open minded about brands & products. What is so great about the globalization today, there is a product for every use & niche. Regarding the speaker cables of Audioquest. It‘s just like many brands offering their very special high end product at an absolut premium level. Just like Mercedes Benz etc are doing in many branches. But the good thing for „normal customers“ is you get most of the technology at a fraction of that price and thus receive a really good value.
Pro for AQ = very big margin for sellers
Against for AQ = ratio between performance level and price.

If you get 30 and more % for a new AQ-product than it’s worthy, imho