Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power consumption
Other than turning off rather than dimming the display I'm not sure what's different but I doubt that the displays use 4W so something must be different, and using 18W sure isn't "off". I don't know what's powered internally unless I can test it externally. Devialet is almost completely unresponsive about this topic when I've contacted them.
Hi

I have a D400 driving a German Physiks Carbon IV.  I am looking at a used pair of Audience AU24 SE MP.  www.tweekgeek.com/audience-au24-se-powerchord-mp/
It says that it is medium powered and for amplifiers up to 150watts.  Does this meant that I can't use a pair on the Devialet 400?
(04-Oct-2017, 09:33)Matix Wrote: Hi

I have a D400 driving a German Physiks Carbon IV.  I am looking at a used pair of Audience AU24 SE MP.  www.tweekgeek.com/audience-au24-se-powerchord-mp/
It says that it is medium powered and for amplifiers up to 150watts.  Does this meant that I can't use a pair on the Devialet 400?

They are AWG14 thick. That's just over two square mm: http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/awg-wi...d_731.html.

You can run a washing machine on them. For the manufacturer to say it's only good for 150Watt amplifiers makes no sense other that to sell up to the 'high current' version that costs twice as much. The original cord that comes with your D is 1.5 square mm for example and that's plenty. I'd say go for it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(27-Mar-2016, 13:56)deviousalet Wrote: I have an incomplete understanding but am annoyed by the power consumption when supposedly "off" so have tried to figure it out. As far as I understand it some of that  power consumption when "off" is used for communication with the app (if enabled, so that the app can turn on the unit/s), radio communication with the remote control (so that it can turn on the unit/s), communication between dual-mono units (so one can turn on the other), and probably keeping the Class-A amp warmed up and ready to play (they sound better warmed up). I would personally love an option to have a true off state even if it meant that I had to walk over and press a button on my units to power them on and then wait a few minutes for the best sound quality. If this were an option then everyone could choose how they use the units instead of having to work around the lack of such an option as we do now.

We have noticed in the three months of owning our 220 our consumption of electricity has gone up each month on last years figures, I can't recall the deficit as I don't have the figures to hand, however the difference from a monetary perspective was around £9 to £10 British pounds per month, not a huge amount but an amount all the same unnecessary. I did not realise when the unit was off it was still drawing current, so I will unplug from now on and see what the difference is over the coming months. 
I find my D400 uses a fraction of the power I used with my previous equipment. I haven't measured it since I've added the slave unit, but my D200 master drew ~30w while playing, so the D400 is probably around ~60w. My previous setup consisted of 2x Mcintosh Mc275 amps and C22 preamp and drew 300-400w while playing. Off position with the old equipment was zero unlike the Devialet, but net it's still a large difference since I listen to it several hours per day.
Od’A #63, Kef Blade 2