Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power direct from the wall, or Power Conditioner?
AaronG, the devialets voltage input range is 80 - 265 volts. the changes in voltages between the day arent a big deal to it whatsoever.

What does make a difference is the noise on the line. Did you find the audio better during the day or night?
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Much better at night. I am surrounded by MIT Pharmaceutical startups with big machines!

But with the PS Premier it's consistent.

In re voltage shouldn't the swings make a difference on my non-Devialet gear that's plugged into the PS Premier?
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(01-Jul-2015, 13:30)AaronG Wrote: Much better at night. I am surrounded by MIT Pharmaceutical startups with big machines!

But with the PS Premier it's consistent.

In re voltage shouldn't the swings make a difference on my non-Devialet gear that's plugged into the PS Premier?

mm i see your point.

it depends on what other gear you have... for instance anything running with a linear ps - its a regulated output so it shouldnt matter.

any decent smps should also be able to handle the difference in voltage.

The main problem is all the machines those pharma companies would be running.. i can only imagine the electronics running in all of those places and the noise they put back down the line which is where a conditioner would really help.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Exactly. So for me power regeneration is the best solution.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

A PS Audio P3 powers my Devialet (and other stereo components incl. subwoofer). Separate AC circuit from meter closet/breaker box using triple shielded (line and neutral each seperately shielded with a braided copper shield and those together with earth again having a copper braid shield) solid core power cable into Furutech double wall socket (schuko) and Lessloss DFPC power cables to P3 and from P3 to D250.

Can only detect positives, no limiting of dynamics etc.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(01-Jul-2015, 01:48)Music or sound Wrote: I tried many Power conditioner over the years and eventually did not like any of them! They all degraded the sound. Presently I am using a Lessloss firewall module http://www.lessloss.com/firewall-module-p-216.html. No negative sound attributes but less background noise.

Thanks for chiming on these Lessloss firewall modules, those look very intriguing.  How have you incorporated them?  Main line to outlet? Distribution module? In equipment? close to speakers?

Thx
Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.
(01-Jul-2015, 19:45)kenreau Wrote:
(01-Jul-2015, 01:48)Music or sound Wrote: I tried many Power conditioner over the years and eventually did not like any of them! They all degraded the sound. Presently I am using a Lessloss firewall module http://www.lessloss.com/firewall-module-p-216.html. No negative sound attributes but less background noise.

Thanks for chiming on these Lessloss firewall modules, those look very intriguing.  How have you incorporated them?  Main line to outlet? Distribution module? In equipment? close to speakers?

Thx
Kenreau

I have floor boxes direct under my equipment and I installed one module directly in these fairly large boxes feeding all my outlets. The power cord in my case is only 15cm long for my D250 and therefore it had to be diy.  I am thinking to get some more to separate the different devices. Now Lessloss has modules which one can plug in directly into the IEC of the amp, which should fit any Devialet but I have not tried these. I like them more invisible!
Direct from the wall for me as well. Installed two dedicated power lines (20amp and 12-2 wire) with BIS Audio Hubble AC receptacles. One outlet is for the Devialet D120 with a Crystal Cable Standard power cord and the other is for the Moon Mind 180 streamer which uses it's own wall wart power supply.

I also have a Shunyata Venom Defender Power Conditioner/Surge Protector but have not used this pocket-sized power conditioner since upgrading to the Crystal Cable power cable and installing dedicated mains.

I might look at upgrading to a pair of Furutech's GTX in the near future. Just want things to settle in before making any more changes.
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
I have been using different kinds of power conditioners during the 4 years I have been a part of the Devialet crowd.

Nordost Quantum products like the QB2 and QX4, Valhalla power cables, Transparent Audio PIMM/PLMM2X and Shunyata Alpha HC and Sigma Digital.

They all made a difference adding different kind of qualities - and some of them flaws, as well. I ended up with the Shunyata Sigma Digital as my choise. Simply because it brings least change to the over all tonal balance but at the same time it brings greater quietness (darkness) between the tones ( intertransient quietness, I think someone called it ) without slowing the music down like some of the traditional power conditioners tend to do. Switchmode power supplies set totally different demands on power conditioning, a task the Shunyata handle very well - my fullest recommendation ( but forget to use the lid)

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
if you have a dedicated ring installed to power only your hifi equipment, then go directly for the wall plug, otherwise a high quality power conditioner will do the work.

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net