Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power off Phantom?
(27-Aug-2015, 19:13)Dvlt PhD Wrote:
(27-Aug-2015, 12:40)JohnnySix Wrote: I have had mine powering on & off by remote control mains socket once a day for 5 months, with no ill effects.
The worst part about it, is that Phantoms always return to default volume '10' on power-up. Not sure if that's the Dialog or Phantom feature though... because my whole HiFi rack is also automatically turned off at 2am every night.

They'd better not release the Phantom Remote with ONLY volume control!!

Do you remote control Dialog, too? Does it save the added playlists after power off/on? I think I read that Dialog saves the playlists...

It'd be not so cool to have to create the same playlists over and over again, each time I power them on. You know, in case that I just want to listen in random mode.

Thanks.
I think Spark always remembers the Playlist. Doesn't matter to me though, as I always use the 'passthrough' inputs to play music from a Media Center. Spark is way too basic for navigating through ones music collection.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(27-Aug-2015, 19:29)JohnnySix Wrote:
(27-Aug-2015, 12:40)JohnnySix Wrote: I have had mine powering on & off by remote control mains socket once a day for 5 months, with no ill effects.
The worst part about it, is that Phantoms always return to default volume '10' on power-up. Not sure if that's the Dialog or Phantom feature though... because my whole HiFi rack is also automatically turned off at 2am every night.

Do you remote control Dialog, too? Does it save the added playlists after power off/on? I think I read that Dialog saves the playlists...

It'd be not so cool to have to create the same playlists over and over again, each time I power them on. You know, in case that I just want to listen in random mode.

Thanks.
I think Spark always remembers the Playlist. Doesn't matter to me though, as I always use the 'passthrough' inputs to play music from a Media Center. Spark is way too basic for navigating through ones music collection.

So, you're saying that you use the toslink with a separate media streamer; NAS; etc?....

Thanks.
Yes, that's what I do too (a Simple Audio streamer).

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(26-Aug-2015, 08:07)eibet Wrote: My Silver Phantoms and/or Dialog needs to be shut off once in a while, or they start to misbehave. Anyone else on here who feels the same?
I am missing a way to shut them off without having to take the power supply. Have you guys figured out a way to do this?
Have tried the power button but they automatically power back on in a few seconds. I have also noticed that powering on the TV which is connected to the dialog via toslink will cause the Phantoms to switch to that input no matter what I am playing on them already. Maybe it's possible for Devialet to make a power off function in the Spark app?

I asked the hotline recently about the heat of the back of the Phantom. I have been answered that it was normal by the fact that the Phatom is in a constant stand-by mode. But I have been said also that in a future update there would be a function that could permit to shut the Phantom completely off.
Wait and see.
(28-Aug-2015, 18:30)Dvlt PhD Wrote:
(27-Aug-2015, 19:29)JohnnySix Wrote:

Thanks.

So, you're saying that you use the toslink with a separate media streamer; NAS; etc?....

Thanks.

Yes. jRiver on MacMini playing files from Synology Diskstation.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(26-Aug-2015, 09:10)eibet Wrote:
(26-Aug-2015, 08:25)trashken Wrote: I have them on 24x7 and no issues. What is this misbehaviour you're referring to?

These are some problems I've noticed. Not all at once and no pattern displayed.

Delay (1-2s at worst) between picture and sound (sound coming after picture).
Spark freezes.
Distorting/metallic sounds comes and goes.
Dialog and phantoms get really hot over time.

In any case I would like to be able to turn them off somehow. Pulling the plug does not seem like the right thing to do.

Can you expand on the delay issue, please?

Thanks.
(29-Aug-2015, 15:32)Dvlt PhD Wrote:
(26-Aug-2015, 08:25)trashken Wrote: I have them on 24x7 and no issues. What is this misbehaviour you're referring to?

Spark freezes.

In any case I would like to be able to turn them off somehow. Pulling the plug does not seem like the right thing to do.

Thanks.

I don't know about eibets problem but there is a delay on the optical input. This is what Devialet sent me a few weeks ago:

The latency you are referring to is approximately a delay of 160ms.

Our engineers are currently working to reduce this latency but it is not the case yet.

So there is a degree of lip sync problems with TV currently inherent with the Phantom but not to the extent described above. To be honest it doesn't bother me that much but would be better reduced.
(29-Aug-2015, 17:09)nigelb001 Wrote:

Spark freezes.

Thanks.

I don't know about eibets problem but there is a delay on the optical input. This is what Devialet sent me a few weeks ago:

The latency you are referring to is approximately a delay of 160ms.

Our engineers are currently working to reduce this latency but it is not the case yet.

So there is a degree of lip sync problems with TV currently inherent with the Phantom but not to the extent described above. To be honest it doesn't bother me that much but would be better reduced.

I have been using my my Humax TV tuner connected to the optical input on my Dialog instead of through my surround system for a while. Whatever latency there is connected like this is normally negligible, but a couple of times it has been much bigger. I tried quitting and re-launching Spark which didn't fix it, then removing the optical input from the playlist (click the little x on the icon) then re-selecting it. This fixed my problem.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Spark freezes.

Thanks.
Expand? I don't know what you wish to know. After a while I suddenly get the sound coming 1-2 Seconds after the Picture. My TV has a lipsync feature, but that only Works to delay the sound. Not the other way around. This is because the normal problem is that the Picture comes after the sound since Picture prosessing takes longer. I found out that powering off the dialog and then back on usually makes the delay og away, but it's never "Perfect". If you give me a more specific question I will be happy to give you a better answer.
Thanks. The 3 replies were helpful.