Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-amps, external DAC's, Raspberry Pi's and Room Correction
Hi everyone,

I have purchased another set of Devialet Reactor 600's last weekend to tinker with the coming months.
This week i will be able to tinker a bit with Room Correction using HifiBerry DAC+ DSP on a Raspberry for experience with REW.
Looking at different sound profiles, i am wondering how many of you have integrated the Reactors with other equipment (i know some of you went all-the-way into Dante for HT), but i am particular interested in tuning the audio profile a bit.

1. Does any of you have played via external DAC's such as Moon Audio, Schitt Modi, Raspberry Pi's or other devices?
2. Did some of you try out Room Correction (using miniDSP/ DDRC24 / Studio SHD / Volumio / Rpi HifiBerry)?
3. Any experiences with connecting Pre-Amps (using Pre-Outs, Toslink, SPDIF) with other conversion/contraptions?

Thanks,
Tony
Re. your point 2. This thread here at DC describes the use of a SHD Studio with Reactors: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Updated
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Yes. I have been eying many times on that excellent set-up Wink

I have been playing with RaspberryPi+Hifibery DAC+DSP for the last few days, and the results make me a very happy man.
Using HifiberryOS and the DSP, i can now dynamically change the sound profile of the Reactor 600's and add custom filters in realtime. I dont expect that the room correction is as good a Dirac Live, but now i have tweaked and setup to that extend that the sound of my pair of Reactor 600's are incredible to my ears. The midst are much more pronounced, a tad of more air and without giving up any of the bass response.

While at it, i have also ported Tidal Connect https://github.com/TonyTromp/tidal-connect-docker/ to HifiberryOS Wink