Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premier Gold NOT WORKING - Happy ending :)
Hi guys, im new to the forum and I registered myself just to try and help anybody who's going trough what I went through last week. It was not nice at all.

After a couple of months without using my Phantom Premier Gold, I plugged it in, the subs moved in-out, but they didn't do any sound at all. I went to my bluetooth settings, and selected the "Phantom" from my existing devices list, and it connected accordingly. Opened the apple music app, selected the Phantom, but still no sound coming out the speakers. I unplugged and plugged it again after a couple of seconds, tried the same sequence, still nothing... Then I tried connecting via wifi through the Spark App and still nothing. It couldn't find the speaker.
After a couple of minutes checking on Devialet's help website and in this forum, I tried every single restting sequence but none worked either: 3 fast presses on the back button, 7 second continuous press, 5 presses, etc etc etc. I also downloaded the new devialet app, nothing worked. 

Fortunately I decided to call Devialets customer service. A guy called Mason guided me through many of the rest sequences I had already tried, and he finally said that the speaker was probably bricked in the older software and sent me this ridiculously anti-intuitive, anti-user friendly instructions to put the speaker into RESCUE MODE:

1. Plug your Phantom to your internet router via an Ethernet cable. 
2. Plug your Phantom to the power extension with an on/off button.
3. Turn on the power extension for 7 seconds, then off for 3 seconds.
4. Proceed to the "on/off" sequence 4 times consecutively. And after the fourth time, turn it on again and keep it on.
5. Wait for the sound to start again. ( It will take at least 2 hours)
6. Then, reset the Phantoms in accordance with Spark’s instruction 

I was extremely pessimistic, but it incredibly worked. After the step number 4, the subs started vibrating rapidly, then stopped, then vibrating again and so on until after 20 minutes the speaker began to emit a typical Devialet alien sound. It was alive again!! I swear I almost cried.

After that, I had to update the software following the instructions in the Spark app. After that I started using the new Devialet app.

Hope it's helpful for anyone!

Cheers
Great to hear anjoy!
I agree with you, a very strange procedure indeed. As long as it worked it's great. Thanks for the post!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
@negroggio:
As you are talking about Spark. Did your Phantom reinstall DOS1? Could this be a way to downgrade?
(04-Nov-2020, 18:15)streamy Wrote: @negroggio:
As you are talking about Spark. Did your Phantom reinstall DOS1? Could this be a way to downgrade?

I didn't check, but I would say so because as soon as I connected the Spark App, it asked me to update to DOS2!

I tried to upgraded using the Devialet app before I tried with the Spark, but it failed two times. I thing it works just with DOS2

Cheers