Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premier Silver Airplay 2 Capable?
Thanks a lot for the answers folks! I really appreciate your help!

Just one more question to clarify my confusion about Dialog becoming redundant(ish) after the upgrade to DOS2;
Considering that I do not use the optical input on my Dialog much often (I can easily re-wire it to one of the Phantoms if needed), would I benefit in any way by still keeping it integrated into the system after an ugrade to DOS2? Like do you think it may add up to the stability of the system because it is wired trough ethernet or such?

Again, thanks for your replies in advance!
Charlie
(29-Mar-2021, 00:59)madthesurfer Wrote: Thanks a lot for the answers folks! I really appreciate your help!

Just one more question to clarify my confusion about Dialog becoming redundant(ish) after the upgrade to DOS2;
Considering that I do not use the optical input on my Dialog much often (I can easily re-wire it to one of the Phantoms if needed), would I benefit in any way by still keeping it integrated into the system after an ugrade to DOS2? Like do you think it may add up to the stability of the system because it is wired trough ethernet or such?

Again, thanks for your replies in advance!
Charlie

I would say it very much depends. Apart from potential roles such as providing an extra input (and one that doesn’t require a physical connection to either speaker) or as an Airplay enabler Dialog can help with improving connectivity in certain situations.

For instance it may help in situations where placement options mean it offers better wireless coverage for your speakers than your router (such as if you are able to position the Dialog in the same room as or nearer to your speakers than your router). However in situations where your system is tending to prefer PLC it may not make any difference.

Best way to find out is to test with and without.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk