Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with ROON
Exclamation 
There is a problem for Devialet users with the recent ROON version. See https://community.roonlabs.com/t/music-p...app/183093
What SAM setting are you using, is it 0%?

For some reason if you have SAM set to 0% it does not show in the Signal Path info. Once you increase the SAM setting to 1% or greater it shows and once you reduce it again to 0% it stops showing. It's been this way for I don't know how long, at least a year or more, and it hasn't changed with the latest version. The current version is working fine on my 140 Pro and it's working exactly as I just described which is exactly how it's been working for months, over quite a few versions.

I don't know it it has always been this way but I can't remember it being otherwise since we got the original update which allowed us to use RAAT.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Hi David,

oh wow you nailed it! I just started using SAM with 0% and that’s why I thought build 884 of ROON is no longer showing it.

But one other thing is different: it used to show which speaker SAM profile is being used. Is it showing this information still?
And still, I would consider a bug not showing SAM when it is at zero percent, because it is still correcting the phase!

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(25-Dec-2021, 09:59)Jean-Marie Wrote: And still, I would consider a bug not showing SAM when it is at zero percent, because it is still correcting the phase!

Jean-Marie

Yes this is definitely wrong and should be corrected by ROON.
Do you see the loudspeaker SAM profile? This is another bug unfortunately.

I added a new thread mentioning the two bugs:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/loudspe...tly/183208
(25-Dec-2021, 10:23)markush Wrote:
(25-Dec-2021, 09:59)Jean-Marie Wrote: And still, I would consider a bug not showing SAM when it is at zero percent, because it is still correcting the phase!

Jean-Marie

Yes this is definitely wrong and should be corrected by ROON.
Do you see the loudspeaker SAM profile? This is another bug unfortunately.

I added a new thread mentioning the two bugs:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/loudspe...tly/183208

Yes, when I tap on the SAM stage in the signal path, I see that the SAM profile is for ARMONIA, which is my speaker model, as shown below.

Jean-Marie

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I'm not certain that the failure to show SAM at 0% is a Roon issue, it may be a Devialet issue.

What Roon shows in the signal path is a combination of what Roon is doing and what the Roon Ready end point reports that it is doing. If the Devialet does not tell Roon that SAM is active at 0% then Roon will not show SAM in the signal path info.

Perhaps Roon made a decision not to show things like tone controls and SAM in the signal path info if the setting was zero, or perhaps Devialet don't report zero settings to Roon so Roon can not display that info. We simply don't know whose problem it is. Since the issue has been posted on the Roon forum I suspect we'll hear something from Roon much sooner than we could expect to hear something from Devialet who don't seem to like communicating publicly with their customers.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Should be easy to test. Set SAM to something non-zero and see if it turns up in Signal Path or @Jean-Marie could maybe try his SAM setting at zero and see what happens... Smile
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(25-Dec-2021, 22:02)ogs Wrote: Should be easy to test. Set SAM to something non-zero and see if it turns up in Signal Path or @Jean-Marie  could maybe try his SAM setting at zero and see what happens... Smile

I confirm that if I dial down SAM to 0%, Roon incorrectly removes the SAM step from the audio path. 

It reappears as soon as I dial it back to any value other than 0. 

Jean-Marie
France
(25-Dec-2021, 21:46)David A Wrote: I'm not certain that the failure to show SAM at 0% is a Roon issue, it may be a Devialet issue.

What Roon shows in the signal path is a combination of what Roon is doing and what the Roon Ready end point reports that it is doing. If the Devialet does not tell Roon that SAM is active at 0% then Roon will not show SAM in the signal path info.

Perhaps Roon made a decision not to show things like tone controls and SAM in the signal path info if the setting was zero, or perhaps Devialet don't report zero settings to Roon so Roon can not display that info. We simply don't know whose problem it is. Since the issue has been posted on the Roon forum I suspect we'll hear something from Roon much sooner than we could expect to hear something from Devialet who don't seem to like communicating publicly with their customers.

@David A, you are absolutely right, we have no way to tell who is the culprit between what Devialet reports and what Roon does with the information. 

Jean-Marie
France