Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with setup
Hi
I just received my Phantom's today and dialog, when I connect this together with power and wifi a get this sound they are talking about in the setup video's.
But when I start the application spark to finish the setup it does'nt go further after I choose I have a dialog.
Check the attechment.

What is it I do wrong ??????
I now the internet is working as it should and I follow the instructions :-(
Hi,
Quite a few people have reported better results by doing the initial set up in a wired configuration, or with all 3 elements (dialog and 2 phantoms) close to each other and dialog wired with ethernet to your Internet modem.

Once the setup is complete, move the phantoms to their final locations.

There is also a procedure in this forum for full factory reset.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
I think Teliaved's advice is a good suggestion. I don't have a phantom, but when I had Naim equipment, I had to have everything wired to do the initial set up. That included setting up the wireless connection.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
This shows my problem  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlPzrxzWfXQ
The application stops when it describes the internett connection, I cant get further.

I have tried the booth speakers thru bluetooth and that works as it should. 
I cant be the only one who has had this problem  Huh
I have a thread somewhere here where I had similar problem.

In short, I suggest:

1. Update your Phantom first by connecting directly to router without dialogue. Update your phantoms one by one.
2. Then try again. SHould work.
3. Make sure you do a complete reset of all the components before 1 and 2 by pressing the buttons on the Phantom 3 times quickly. Same with Dialoge. Even unplug your router for 1 minute.

Hope this helps.
(12-Dec-2015, 21:17)MountainGuy Wrote: I have a thread somewhere here where I had similar problem.

In short, I suggest:

1. Update your Phantom first by connecting directly to router without dialogue.  Update your phantoms one by one.    DONE !
2. Then try again. SHould work.    DONE !
3. Make sure you do a complete reset of all the components before 1 and 2 by pressing the buttons on the Phantom 3 times quickly. Same with Dialoge.  Even unplug your router for 1 minute.    DONE!

Hope this helps.   NOPE :-(

I have nothing to add with my knowledge, but I think the Dialog they sent me must be fucked. 
(12-Dec-2015, 23:30):-) Wrote:
(12-Dec-2015, 21:17)MountainGuy Wrote: I have a thread somewhere here where I had similar problem.

In short, I suggest:

1. Update your Phantom first by connecting directly to router without dialogue.  Update your phantoms one by one.    DONE !
3. Make sure you do a complete reset of all the components before 1 and 2 by pressing the buttons on the Phantom 3 times quickly. Same with Dialoge.  Even unplug your router for 1 minute.    DONE!

I have nothing to add with my knowledge, but I think the Dialog they sent me must be fucked. 
Just do the factory reset on the good way and not discribed as above
See help from the devialet site
Hello

Thus is a possible workable solution

Follow the procedure to reset your phantom by pressing and holding the button at the back for 30 second or so...

Never run the setup on a wifi device.... Never...

Instead bring a laptop in the room where you plan to locate your phantom.... The laptop need to be wired to the router... Download Spark and start again... It will work...
Thx
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
Good to see use of youtube in discussing problem and solution.  Would like to see those that have found solutions to post youtube for solutions as well as this is a complicated system and video can communicate better than words.  

I printed these setup recommendations from jaykay1967 and posted them next to my phantoms

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...the+system

Unplug the ELECTRIC cable of following products: Phantom, Dialog, Internet router, WiFi router or Airport.
After everything is unplugged please WAIT 30 SECONDS.
Then, replug the devices in FOLLOWING order:
1/ Internet router, wait that it’s COMPLETELY started
2/ Airport or other wifi router, wait that they are COMPLETELY started
3/ Dialog. Wait that the white light becomes stable white. Press 3 times on the white light. It should blink. Wait that the white light becomes stable white.
4/ Your Phantoms. Once plugged, press 3 times on the button of their back. You should hear the sound of a snap and the ears should wiggle. If not, press again 3 times on the button until your hear the sound of a snap.
5/ Wait that the Phantoms are „singing“
6/ Start Spark app and follow EXACTLY the steps shown on Spark
7/ If you have a remote, you can connect it now

I have never done a youtube video, but a visual movie on setup covering off the above points would be great.  Notice that getting user feedback from the system on things like the snap, and the ears wiggling, and the light stops blinking, all help to let the user know they are on track.   In a complicated system one needs a full description of the sequence.    Any setup video should be set in context of the configuration used, so do a separate sequence for an ethernet wired setup as opposed to a not-ethernet wired setup, as different considerations apply such as when to turn on optical on on the dialoges or not.

Another thing that could be added to a help youtube video on a full setup is to add in how to configure so one can save a playlist (which SPARK can not currently do on its own).  Devialet help once sent a reply to me of a series of screenshots that show one navigating through the SPARK app setup to itunes music folder, containing music.    Well I did all of that and I am missing something.    The series of screenshots were not effective in covering off what is needed and a youtube video with a running commentary covering things off that I am missing would be very much appreciated, as every user will face this problem.
(13-Dec-2015, 00:32)Johnnydev Wrote:
(12-Dec-2015, 23:30):-) Wrote:

In short, I suggest:

Just do the factory reset on the good way and not discribed as above
See help from the devialet site

Of course, JohnnyDev is correct. I realized that I was giving you the Cliff Notes version which was incomplete.  Apologies if it wasted a bit of your time.