Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with Pro-Upgarde on a D400
Bug 
Hello,

In early October I sent my D400 to Paris for the upgrade. On October 22nd they came back, sealed boxes with 440pro label - everything seemed fine.

After I unpacked the amps on October 23 and put them into operation, the problems began....

On the Companion, the following things were wrong from the beginning:
1. the brackets for the cable cover are loose and wobbly, so that the cover does not hold tight
2. when the device is on, there is a hum/buzz in the power supply.

The master on the other hand was without problems according to first findings. The holder is fixed and the device is absolutely silent in operation.

After several mail and phone calls with the hotline, the Companion is on its way back to Paris since Friday and should arrive there tomorrow.
In the meantime, I have played in the master a little and was able to enjoy the music for many hours last Thursday and Friday.

Yesterday I turned the system back on via the "Gordian" from LAB12 - and the master remained silent.

After a few tries and disassembly from the wall as well as further attempts with different power cables at different sockets, the following situation is shown:
- after plugging in the power cable, the red LED on the backside turns on for 3-4 sec. and something is briefly visible in the display.
- after the 3 sec. the device is completely without power, all lights are off
- after about 7-8 sec. the red LED lights up again for 3-4 sec., then again without power
- this process is repeated one more time, after that the device is permanently without power

Now, after a 4.000€ expensive update, I am completely without an usable amplifier, after the 400 ran without problems for over four years...

So I will contact the hotline again tomorrow at 10:00 am...

atb, Tom
Devialet 440pro CI - TAD CE-1
Antipodes K50 G4
Bauer Audio DPS3 iT, Colibri XGW Stradivarius
StSt Motus II DQ, Sorane SA-1.2, DRT XV-1s
Germany
(01-Nov-2020, 12:53)tom539 Wrote: Hello,

In early October I sent my D400 to Paris for the upgrade. On October 22nd they came back, sealed boxes with 440pro label - everything seemed fine.

After I unpacked the amps on October 23 and put them into operation, the problems began....

On the Companion, the following things were wrong from the beginning:
1. the brackets for the cable cover are loose and wobbly, so that the cover does not hold tight
2. when the device is on, there is a hum/buzz in the power supply.

The master on the other hand was without problems according to first findings. The holder is fixed and the device is absolutely silent in operation.

After several mail and phone calls with the hotline, the Companion is on its way back to Paris since Friday and should arrive there tomorrow.
In the meantime, I have played in the master a little and was able to enjoy the music for many hours last Thursday and Friday.

Yesterday I turned the system back on via the "Gordian" from LAB12 - and the master remained silent.

After a few tries and disassembly from the wall as well as further attempts with different power cables at different sockets, the following situation is shown:
- after plugging in the power cable, the red LED on the backside turns on for 3-4 sec. and something is briefly visible in the display.
- after the 3 sec. the device is completely without power, all lights are off
- after about 7-8 sec. the red LED lights up again for 3-4 sec., then again without power
- this process is repeated one more time, after that the device is permanently without power

Now, after a 4.000€ expensive update, I am completely without an usable amplifier, after the 400 ran without problems for over four years...

So I will contact the hotline again tomorrow at 10:00 am...

atb, Tom

Sorry to hear about your problems. I found that the cable cover didn’t fit properly as you describe. One of my amps is wall mounted and I just couldn’t get the cover to stay in place. I discovered that there is a bit of movement in the prongs that the cover fits over, like they are spring loaded. Grab them and gently pull them apart, you’ll feel a slight click. My covers fitted properly after this. Hope you get your other issues sorted out OK.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Tom,

Sorry to read about your issues. I just wanted to let you know that whenever there have been hardware issues with Experts, Devialet has been really good at fixing them. I hope they'll do the same for you, and once they do, you will enjoy your Pro to the max.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Short update:
both units have now arrived in Paris.
Waiting for the repair and the return shipment.
Thanks so far to Maxim from the hotline for the numerous calls and the drafty handling (out of the home office).

To be continued...

atb, Tom
Antipodes K50 G4
Germany
Yes hardware & customer care team is normally very much engaged. What assumption did the hotline have about the Problem with the power supply?
(03-Nov-2020, 19:05)markush Wrote: Yes hardware & customer care team is normally very much engaged. What assumption did the hotline have about the Problem with the power supply?

Unfortunately none - device is back in Paris since this morning...  Confused

atb, Tom
Antipodes K50 G4
Germany
After a waiting period of over three weeks, both devices are back yesterday.

The Companion's mounting bracket is still loose, but at least the power supply is silent.
Now I hope that everything stays like this and that there will be no further failure.

atb, Tom
Antipodes K50 G4
Germany
(26-Nov-2020, 07:40)tom539 Wrote: After a waiting period of over three weeks, both devices are back yesterday.

The Companion's mounting bracket is still loose, but at least the power supply is silent.
Now I hope that everything stays like this and that there will be no further failure.

atb, Tom

Did you try gently pulling apart the two prongs that the cover fits over? It worked for me.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(26-Nov-2020, 07:40)tom539 Wrote: After a waiting period of over three weeks, both devices are back yesterday.

atb, Tom

Sorry to hear of your problems, glad they eventually got sorted.
Waiting for the amps to go back and forth must have been tough!
Importantly: how do they SOUND now?
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
Well, when I upgraded my 250 to a 1000 this year I was horrified to find the companion’s, as it was, cover was completely tarnished. Sent it back to Devialet and receive a second 250, as they do now, tout de suite!
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.