Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with firmware upgrade
I ended up buying a Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI after over a year of owning a Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC.

I also ended up buying a dCS Network Bridge (again, after selling my old one).

The TAD were too big and had to be traded in unfortunately for a pair of Magico A1’s.

However... the results are absolutely amazing and it feels great to be back with Devialet. *fingers crossed* I guess you could say that concludes my 360 degree turn from Devialet and then back.

I would also like to say thank you for all your help and discussions over the years. I look forward to many more now.

Stay safe and take care!
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
Welcome back !(says one who is without Devialet at the moment. I miss the sound of the 250 CI - there might be a Phantom pair in my future, however)
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(24-Jan-2021, 22:30)MightyMart Wrote: I ended up buying a Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI after over a year of owning a Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC.

The TAD were too big and had to be traded in unfortunately for a pair of Magico A1’s.

However... the results are absolutely amazing and it feels great to be back with Devialet. *fingers crossed* I guess you could say that concludes my 360 degree turn from Devialet and then back.

I would also like to say thank you for all your help and discussions over the years. I look forward to many more now.

Stay safe and take care!

I find it very interesting, what was “wrong” with the Diablo ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(24-Jan-2021, 22:30)MightyMart Wrote: I ended up buying a Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI after over a year of owning a Gryphon Diablo 300 w DAC.

Stay safe and take care!
Seems like you’ve also come back to Magico again. Didn’t you used to have a pair of S1s?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(24-Jan-2021, 22:41)ogs Wrote: Welcome back !(says one who is without Devialet at the moment. I miss the sound of the 250 CI - there might be a Phantom pair in my future, however)

Maybe Devialet will suck you back in too...?  Smile
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
treatment
- SWEDEN -
(25-Jan-2021, 00:32)no32 Wrote:

Stay safe and take care!

I find it very interesting, what was “wrong” with the Diablo ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was absolutely nothing “wrong” with the Diablo 300. On the contrary, it’s one of the best amplifiers I have ever heard, especially at that price point.

However, I have had tinnitus for over two years now. It’s not the worst type but still enough to make me more sensitive to loud and sharp sounds. The goal for Gryphon is to mimic the sound of live music as much as possible and the Diablo 300 does a fantastic job doing just that. But, just like live music, it was a bit too much for me due to my problems with tinnitus. The sound was very impressive but became a bit overbearing and aggressive after an hour or so.

The Devialet sound is a lot calmer and more relaxed and I can listen to music for hours without being hit by listening fatigue. I will probably consider going back to Gryphon again if my tinnitus gets better in the future. It was a very, very good amplifier that turned to music into a physical experience as well, with depth and dynamics that Devialet would struggle to match.
treatment
- SWEDEN -
(25-Jan-2021, 09:14)Axel Wrote:

Stay safe and take care!
Seems like you’ve also come back to Magico again. Didn’t you used to have a pair of S1s?

Yes, I did before getting my beloved TADs. Confused We live in an apartment with a 3,5 year old boy. There simply was no way to place the speakers in a way that was safe for my son and the speakers. The A1s will be placed in a large bookshelf (about 1,3 m above the floor) with protective grills from Magico. The amplifiers etc. will be placed to the side of the shelf. That way we hope to be able to play music in our living room again without risk of injury to our beloved boy and/or damage to material (but still very expensive) stuff. The results might not be 100 % sonically but still good enough for us to really enjoy music together everyday. The TADs mainly come collected dust in our guest/music room.

Damn, I will miss them though... this has all been a very difficult process, especially for an indecisive person like myself.
treatment
- SWEDEN -