Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with opening Devialet Air
Just upgrade my Mac OS to Big SUR and installed Devialet AIR 3.0.5.  However, I got the error "Devialet AIR 3.0.5 - Error The AIR Virtual Soundcard Driver could not be loaded.  Please restart your computer".

I tried restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling Devialet AIR but nothing works.
Hi, and welcome.

I'm not using AIR at the moment, but I am certain that it is not compatible with OSX Big Sur. Not even sure about Catalina. Others will know. If you do a search you will find other threads about AIR compatibility and various versions of the Mac OS.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I just can't believe they haven't fixed this yet.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
It has always amazed me that Roon was able to integrate a fully stable use of AIR to Expert Pros where Devialet has not. IMO, Devialet AIR drivers for PC or MAC have always had issues and have not been upgraded in ages. Wouldn’t hold my breath on Devialet. If you really want to use AIR, get Roon.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
That's gonna cost you $699.
Not a fair solution for an amp this expensive.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(11-Jul-2021, 19:10)Cylob Wrote: That's gonna cost you $699.

I note that your footer references AIR v3.0.1.    Is that on a Mac or Win 10 machine?   I’ve heard that the newer Mac OSes just won’t run the Devialet AIR driver, but the Win 10 driver may work acceptably well. It’s been years since I tried and kept getting occasional BSOD problems.  Part of my move to Roon back then was because of the AIR driver issues.   

Roon is a great streaming solution for an Expert since they integrated AIR, but only if your streaming platform of choice is Roon.  The $699 lifetime license is crazy steep, but their annual or monthly subscriptions are reasonable to give it a try.   Other streaming solutions might be better served using the USB input.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(12-Jul-2021, 04:20)mdconnelly Wrote:
(11-Jul-2021, 19:10)Cylob Wrote: That's gonna cost you $699.

I note that your footer references AIR v3.0.1.    Is that on a Mac or Win 10 machine?   I’ve heard that the newer Mac OSes just won’t run the Devialet AIR driver, but the Win 10 driver may work acceptably well. It’s been years since I tried and kept getting occasional BSOD problems.  Part of my move to Roon back then was because of the AIR driver issues.   

Roon is a great streaming solution for an Expert since they integrated AIR, but only if your streaming platform of choice is Roon.  The $699 lifetime license is crazy steep, but their annual or monthly subscriptions are reasonable to give it a try.   Other streaming solutions might be better served using the USB input.

My computer is running on Windows 10, mdconnely.
Been having major problems with AIR (white noise / blue screens), which were finally solved with v3.0 public beta.
The 3.0.1 version is better sounding then 3.0 on my system though.
It also sounded much better then the versions after (3.0.2/3.0.3 release canditate / 3.0.4), which were all unstable (blue screens) as well.

Now I'm hoping 3.0.1 will be compatible with Windows 11 as I'm almost sure Devialet will not doing anything about any incompatibity issues.
If not I just have to stick with Win10.