Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulled the trigger on 2 reactor 600's
Ordered 2 reactor 600 today. Can't wait for them to arrive and the stereo update!!

How is everyone finding theirs??
Living Room: Devialet Dione
Is there any news about the stereo update? While the Reactors are very interesting, it would drive me nuts having two Reactors without the ability to use them in stereo.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Apparently it will come when DOS2 for the Premier line comes, and the integration for their other products into the Devialet app does. Which I think is supposed to be Q2 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Hopefully not that long. I was hoping I could hook them to an audio interface in the meantime but unfortunately I haven't had a reply yet.

I was wondering if I can connect the phantoms to a behringer umc202 HD.
(11-Feb-2019, 19:22)RMK Wrote: Hopefully not that long.

Devialet aren’t famed for Delivering early. Or for that matter, even just delivering....
If you want to use them stereo, I’d personally hold off until they work in stereo.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

If you somehow can split the TOSlink into L and R and feed each speaker this signal you're good to go. I researched this some time ago and found that such splitting did not exist. You may find this today though. The simple workaround is to use the analog input of the Reactor (which will be digitised by the built in ADC) driven from the output of a DAC or preamp. L only to one speaker and R only to the other. This will most likely not sound as good as a direct digital signal, but you'll have stereo!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(11-Feb-2019, 20:41)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

Devialet aren’t famed for Delivering early. Or for that matter, even just delivering....
If you want to use them stereo, I’d personally hold off until they work in stereo.

Well, on delivering early... that ship has sailed.   Having had my Devialet Experts for 3 years now, I've learned it's never good to be anxiously waiting on Devialet for a software release.   Roon RAAT was announced over a year ago and then stated it would be released by year end 2018.   Hmmm, missed that...  Still, Roon RAAT is not critical to my listening so I'm fine with waiting on that.

The Reactors without stereo would be a far more pressing issue for me, hence the very good advice to wait if stereo is important.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(11-Feb-2019, 21:47)mdconnelly Wrote:
(11-Feb-2019, 20:41)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

Well, on delivering early... that ship has sailed.   Having had my Devialet Experts for 3 years now, I've learned it's never good to be anxiously waiting on Devialet for a software release.   Roon RAAT was announced over a year ago and then stated it would be released by year end 2018.   Hmmm, missed that...  Still, Roon RAAT is not critical to my listening so I'm fine with waiting on that.

The Reactors without stereo would be a far more pressing issue for me, hence the very good advice to wait if stereo is important.

You just triggered it’s release!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
All set up now and fine tuned. Really happy with the result.

I hope it lasts me a number of years.

https://youtu.be/bEk9TvGqCek