Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qobuz 24/192 streaming with iOS
It seems that with he Qobuz sublime subscription it's now possible to stream hires with an iOS device and the Lightning/USB adapter to the Devialet.

I have only the Hifi subscription and I'm waiting for feedbacks to see if this can be interesting.

I'm still wondering how to remotely drive the iOS device wired to the Dev....

Edit : also possible with Android apparently.
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(09-Aug-2015, 15:52)ledesc Wrote: It seems that with he Qobuz sublime subscription it's now possible to stream hires with an iOS device and the Lightning/USB adapter to the Devialet.

I have only the Hifi subscription and I'm waiting for feedbacks to see if this can be interesting.  

I'm still wondering how to remotely drive the iOS device wired to the Dev....

Edit : also possible with Android apparently.

I think it will be possible only to stream hires files which have been downloaded (bought) via Qobuz before. I tested the lightning/USB adapter connection to the Devialet and it does not work. there is an error message telling not enough power for the device. I will test next Tuesday if a powered USB switch helps...
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
I love Qobuz, but they do make some odd decisions. Why make this available on iOS and Android before the Desktop application - or am I just out of touch and people connect their phones to their main hifi for good sound?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Hehehe... Day after day, I do learn that we are totally 'off beam' with the new generations (I'm in the 40-50 years old)....
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(10-Aug-2015, 08:21)ledesc Wrote: Hehehe... Day after day, I do learn that we are totally 'off beam' with the new generations (I'm in the 40-50 years old)....

I'm in the same bracket, but think of myself as pretty high-tech at least.... But why put high-res streaming on portable devices before the desktop, which surely most people have connected to their hifi and would get the most benefit?

I only had Qobuz hifi, but sadly have gone to the darkside of Tidal while I'm testing Roon. I'd switch back as soon as they were integrated, as I want to help them - not sure why, probably just because they were first and seem more about quality and pushing boundaries (first cd, now high-def). Sublime seems interesting anyway just for purchasing discounts, but again, I'm holding out for Roon.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I also would like to support them.
I'm ready to pay for highres streaming but not sure to be ready to use a idevice for that especially if his idevice needs to be wired !!!
I wish I could stream Qobuz with my iPhone with AIR Wink

- FR -
(10-Aug-2015, 08:21)ledesc Wrote: Hehehe... Day after day, I do learn that we are totally 'off beam' with the new generations (I'm in the 40-50 years old)....

Well, I am 53 and still have not found any technical boundaries. So I am testing new options all the time. Streaming hires from iPad would allow my friends eadily to share their music with me.
Just another opportunity...
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany