Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Qobuz
(14-May-2015, 21:02)ledesc Wrote: I would like to know what equipments other than Mac/PC allow Qobuz streaming with good enough SQ for the Devialet ?
I'm starting the journey of digital music and I'm wondering what is the best approach to play Qobuz from the Internet and to play highres & ripped CDs with just 1 box....
The more I read, the more I'm lost.....
Will I need a streaming device plus a NAS, plus .... Or is there a magic box ?

The Sonos Connect is able to stream Qobuz as well. I own one modified by Magna Hifi, wich made quite a difference in SQ, in comparison with the standard Sonos Connect. No possibilities for highres streaming however. ChM 
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(18-May-2015, 12:50)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 21:44)NickB Wrote: A raspberry Pi running Max2Play does a fantastic job of running Qobuz and Logitec Media Server and all radio stations and all for about £80 - so it obviously will sound rubbish Blush Angel

Not for me sadly, constant faint popping/clicking.

That said, it was into the Hugo and not the Dev. And popping and clicking came free with my D200, so I'm spoilt for choice.

No don't get any noise at all, sometimes the stream gets lost but my internet is a bit rubbish anyway. Have 2 mates who have heard the system and now want Pi's set up the same as mine !!!!!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Sounds good!I will get one as well and try it with Max2Play!Is it also possible to connect the Pi via USB to the Devialet?
Devialet 200->Audience Conductor SE Speaker Cable->Dali Epicon 2
I have not tried it but I think Clive Grace on this forum has and just connects via usb0 in the Pi
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Do you know if some dealers provide Fanless PC configs optimised for hifi ?
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(18-May-2015, 20:26)ledesc Wrote: Do you know if some dealers provide Fanless PC configs optimised for hifi ?

The Streacom FC5 among others is quite popular in this regard. In the Netherlands there is a shop who can build them on request:  http://www.streaming4home.nl/merken/Stre.../Producten

There website is in Dutch language only.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(18-May-2015, 16:37)NickB Wrote:
(14-May-2015, 21:44)NickB Wrote: A raspberry Pi running Max2Play does a fantastic job of running Qobuz and Logitec Media Server and all radio stations and all for about £80 - so it obviously will sound rubbish Blush Angel

That said, it was into the Hugo and not the Dev. And popping and clicking came free with my D200, so I'm spoilt for choice.

No don't get any noise at all, sometimes the stream gets lost but my internet is a bit rubbish anyway. Have 2 mates who have heard the system and now want Pi's set up the same as mine !!!!!

NickB was yours a Pi2? Did you run the server on it too? I might re-look at mine if I get a chance, and see how it fairs with the Deviate. Before I try Roon - I'd much prefer a subscription free player.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(18-May-2015, 19:11)Andre737 Wrote: Sounds good!I will get one as well and try it with Max2Play!Is it also possible to connect the Pi via USB to the Devialet?

(18-May-2015, 22:41)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(18-May-2015, 16:37)NickB Wrote:

NickB was yours a Pi2? Did you run the server on it too? I might re-look at mine if I get a chance, and see how it fairs with the Deviate. Before I try Roon - I'd much prefer a subscription free player.

Yes I have a Pi2 with digi+ board and run Max2Play with LMS 7.9 and Squeezeplay running at the same time. Have a 1TB SSD on a usb adapter (had to up the USB current to 1.2 amp to drive it) also run all the BBC streams and Qobuz. All controlled by PC, Squeezebox on my iPhone and SqueezePad on iPad.

Ah, I think it's probably the digi+ board that does the trick then. Pretty much everything I read was problems with the pi's usb. Interestingly volumino worked and didn't pop so it must be possible. Didn't like the interface though.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I just read that the latest software for Linn's DS and DSM products supports Qobuz which might be an interesting option 
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)